What's on your wrist?

Seiko. I just want the damn thing to keep time.
Depends on the day. Breitling, Omega, Cartier, Jaeger leCoultre, Rolex. At the moment, a Breitling. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Great minds think alike. I've been wearing a Breitling for 15 years now. Come to think of it, over the years I've spent more on service than on the purchase price. Breithling's US headquarters is in the area so when it is due for service I just drop it off when I venture up that way. Very convenient. The Cartier is the "spare" or dress up watch. I've had that one too for a long time.
Usually a diamond tennis bracelet. I prefer sparkly verses shinny.
I have two Tags and a Breitling. I usually wear the Tag Link, but I like the Breit too, as I received it when I got my Wings of Gold. Don't wear the Gold Tag much, just for dress.

As to OP's real question, I like the engineering/craftmanship of a great watch, and admire them as jewelry, but it isn't me to wear a truly ostentatious one.
My everyday watch is a stainless steel Tag Heuer (one of the slimline ones; I don't like big, bulky watches).

I also have a gold Bertolucci watch I bought back in the early '90s, but rarely wear it. It's pretty, though!

Yes, you can just glance at your cell phone to check the time. But I'm accustomed to simply taking a quick glance at my wrist, and I also prefer an analog display. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

This does seem to be a generational thing. I have a bunch of nephews in the 18-40 age range. At a family reunion last Christmas, one of my younger nephews, while talking to me and one of my brothers, said something like, "Why do all you old guys wear watches. I mean, how ridiculous is that? All you have to do is look at your phone to see what time it is!"

(Well, maybe he put it a little more diplomatically than that, but that's bacically what he said.)

I guess I just don't want to have to pull the damn iPhone out of my pocket and push a button to see what time it is!
A Rolex Oyster Perpetual given to me by my father over 40 years ago. Bought for $160 in the Ships Store at the Yokusuka Naval Base. When I'm doing something that could damage it or when I'm traveling in less secure areas: a cheapie digital from Target.
Maybe I'm just old-fashioned. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Yeah, I switched to the cell about 5 years ago after well over 40 years of wearing a wrist watch. I still look at my wrist to find out the time.
I for one think that wrist watches will always be in style. The engineering and craftsmanship of some of the high end watches is absolutely amazing. A good wrist watch can compliment and complete any outfit on a man or woman. I have owned several various wrist watches over the years and have progressed as I got older. Started out with just a Gucci watch, then moved to an automatic Ebel watch while in college. Once I graduated college and got my first job I bought a Patek which I later flipped for a pretty decent profit and then most recently have bought 4 different Panerai watches. Currently looking to purchase another Patek, the Patek 5980.