Fantasy disclaimers in reviews

When and how did his become a thing? I'm reading more and more reviews with these too-long disclaimers stating things like, "I had this dream. It's purely a fantasy....it was such a beautiful dream. Let me tell you about it...."

It seems to have started with one sentence disclaimers either at the beginning or the review, or in the reviewer's signature line. Ok, I think. Probably worthless, but pretty unobtrusive and therefore harmless.

Now they're becoming these elaborate set pieces that are seemingly everywhere. Why? Was some sort of case law established that I missed?
Thank you!! I have been wondering the same thing. What a waste of my time. As if that is going to somehow keep you out of trouble. I say stop it Now!
That and codes instead of dollar amounts. As if @@%$K2* is supposed to communicate $200 or something. If you mean $200 SAY $200.
Try any of that shit on a witness stand and see how quick you get slapped with a perjury charge. Especially if the hooker has rolled over.
These asshats think it's cute. I doubt any really believe it protects them. My biggest personal peeve is the reference to catholic stuff vs just saying bareback.
They work in the court of law.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and I have not slept at a holiday inn.
^^lol
I've written about disclaimers many times over many years, both in the context of provider ads and hobbyist reviews. The theory behind both is essentially the same -- that a defendant can defend against criminal liability based on a statement they make which purports to negate the conduct which would constitute the offense. Example: A defendant states, "I'm not going to shoot you in the head, Bruno." Then he shoots Bruno in the head. Such disclaimers are without legal significance and, in fact, may be harmful by creating a false sense of immunity.

I wrote at length about disclaimers in provider ads here:

"Disclaimers in Provider Ads -- Do They Negate Criminal Liability?"
Like when they ask if I am a cop.
I try and explain that cops lie and just by them asking if I am a cop will lead them to think that something is going down illegal. Otherwise why ask if i am a cop. That will come up in court and that will bury them.

Again, not a lawyer but I have a really good one
I believe a while back, in the 1970's, part of the 1980's, a Cop had to admit he was LE if asked (before the Courts ruled otherwise).. that's why old TV shows and movies occasionally have a line where the question is asked.. many BP girls ask today, thinking that is current law. they will often say "I am not LE either", as if that will relax me about their status.

it does and it doesn't. I don't think real Police use tactics like asking you if you're a Cop, and saying they are not.. but my guard stays up.. no discussion of price or service, and always some tactile stimulation of a seedy nature, before fee negotiation begins.
Brings up the question .

What if someone was a screen writer and writing a script about premeditated murder ?

Are take for example Arron Norris and his writing invasion USA for The baddest man on the planet his brother Chuck .

Before anyone knew of the movie ARRON had made notes and dropped them and somebody found them and thought WOW if only Chuck Norris was here .

What is fact ?

What is fiction ?

It is up to the perception of the court .

God Bless Chuck Norris and his Awesome MOVIES

LMAO