Family law attorney in DFW area

I'm in need of a family law attorney for an ongoing case with my ex husband. I am more than willing to trade services or work out a payment plan with you! Please and thank you!
This is some really cheap advice and you might not appreciate it but here it goes.

I would strongly suggest finding an attorney through the phone book, or however people do it these days, and not do any sort of trade or bartering, especially if children are involved.

Attorneys who do trades are sometimes alright but over the years, I’ve seen women lose custody of children (more than one) from trying to get a “deal” from an attorney.

Several years ago, there was an attorney in Dallas who would do bartering for services.

And I dealt with him for some traffic tickets.

After I realized an arrest warrant had been issued because he didn’t do what he said he would do, I had to get another attorney to clean up that mess.

And we are speaking of a couple of non-moving violations (out of date inspection sticker. Thought the damn thing would have been dismissed and I almost got arrested for it!)

A few months later, there were 3 or 4 ladies who shared similar stories. One female had an ongoing “deal” worked out with this predator, even thought they were friends, and he didn’t show for an important court date.

She lost custody of her children.

Last I heard, this person is in DC and involved in politics. Smh

If it’s an important situation, I’d even be inclined to call SMU law school or some sort of legal social services (don’t think there is much of that offered in DFW).

Guess what I’m trying to say is if this is an important life something going on, do whatever is necessary to hire an attorney and pay the person.

Maybe search for a younger one who is hungry for work.

Again, cheap advice from an old sex worker and I barter all of the time. Love to do trades and deals.

But I will never barter for legal services again. Never say never but I hope you understand where I’m coming from.

Good luck,
Elisabeth
Thank you so much fo the advice! I have found a few that I'm going to talk to today, I just hate spending money. Lol
Elisabeth, that is very good advice for Tiffany. I admire you for telling her that.
In Austin the screw-them-to-the-wall family law/divorce attorney is Becky Beaver. I'm lucky that she had a previous conflicting client when my divorce came along...
I am a former paralegal and if you wish to pm the details I would be happy to tell you the direction you need to go, for free.
I've already hired an attorney, thanks though.