If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?

Career, money and family are not concerns. This is YOUR fantasy!! Where would you live, and why??
What a fabulous question, Miss Clair! I used to ask it at the end of a 16 hour training session during my motivational speaking days, just to open people's minds to the possibilities life offers. So, of course, I had to have an answer myself. I was often accused of it being a cop-out, but it is the truth. I love the experience of travel, and the Navy let me do it in a unique way; I moved every few years and usually got to spend 2-3 years in each locale. As a result, i learned that different times of year or seasons bring out the best in a city or other spot on this globe, and I now think of this as a seasonal answer.

Spring - San Francisco; best time of year in my favorite CITY
second place is Paris, but SF wins by a nose (spring baseball)
Summer - San Diego; best time to enjoy the nation's best climate
Fall - Dallas; Fall and Football in Texas is perfection
Winter - Perth; friendliest people in the world and it's summer there LOL!

So if I cheated; well, if you're not cheatin' you're not tryin'!

Thanks again for the thought, Clair. Muuuaah! Luv
cool post Claire

MONTANA...I love love love Montana!!!

{a few years ago...I camped out for 40 days & 40 nights all over the western half...it is so calm/peaceful/& beautiful!!!}
If you take friends, family and career out of the mix?...the rest is just scenery.

I guess I'd be fairly nomadic. Hopping from place to place...town to town...scenic view to scenic view. This country, that country...I'm not sure it would matter. They would all have some interesting things to see.

It sure would be better with a mate of sorts though.
Scotland from April to Sept then back to Austin
Topguntex and Ralpheyboy, I'm like you. The ideal place changes with the season. Most of the time I am happy sitting right here in SA, watching the deer mill around in the yard.

But, for a little break in the summer, and after the holidays to see some real winter--high up in the blue ridge mountains.

Elk have re-established in the great smoky mountains national forest--they are amazing to see.
Paris! Hands down, no competition. Maybe a few months somewhere in the southern hemisphere during the winter just to break things up. Auckland, perhaps. But I love Paris, even in the Winter.
The Playboy Mansion.
cool post Claire

MONTANA...I love love love Montana!!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
Dallas, I like the way you think - I love Wyoming (where men are men, and the sheep are nervous - lol). The Tetons are magnificent!
lol--MY Tetons or the REAL Tetons...lol!!

I love Wyoming too
New England. It has a little bit of everything.
The south of Spain. Cadiz...Marbella...Malaga....A lmeria....anywhere along there.

Why? The climate & the people (both quite warm!)....the food....the lifestyle....everything.

Close second for all the same reasons....Mallorca.
Somehow I forgot about palma de Mallorca. Senility is a terrible thing. Don't know which to replace though..... Maybe swing through there for a week or two in between each other place?
Somehow I forgot about palma de Mallorca. Senility is a terrible thing. Don't know which to replace though..... Maybe swing through there for a week or two in between each other place? Originally Posted by topguntex

I would agree. Although I'd have to split Mallorca and Texas. Mallorca is one of the places I will be going back to.
lol--MY Tetons or the REAL Tetons...lol!! Originally Posted by DallasRain

Both! lol