Couple of Fact Checks from the Debate

During Monday evening’s final presidential debate between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, the president said he and his administration didn’t offer the so-called budget “sequester” as a tool to cut the military budget, despite reports alleging he did.

“The sequester is not something that I proposed,” Obama said during the debate in Boca Raton, Fla. “It is something that Congress has proposed. It will not happen.”

That directly contradicts a 2012 book from investigative journalist Bob Woodward — the Washington Post editor who, with Carl Bernstein, took down President Richard Nixon over the 1970s-era Watergate scandal.

That was just one of the lies. Obama actually did request the sequestration.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/22/fa...#ixzz2A9wFAnXV

Here's another:

The text of a 2008 op-ed on the auto-bailout by Republican nominee Mitt Romney debunks attacks by President Barack Obama, who accused Romney of changing his position during the third and final presidential debate on Monday night.

“If we had taken your advice, Gov. Romney, about our auto industry, we’d be buying cars from China instead of selling cars to China,” Obama said.

“But what we also have been able to do is position ourselves so we can start rebuilding America, and that’s what my plan does,” Obama said later. “Making sure that we’re bringing manufacturing back to our shores so that we’re creating jobs here, as we’ve done with the auto industry, not rewarding companies that are shipping jobs overseas.”

Actually, Romney told the truth. His op-ed supported government guarantees in a managed bankruptcy. Everyone knows that Obama only bailed out the unions. Romney's approach would have left the auto industry much stronger than it is now.

More here:

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/23/fa...#ixzz2A9wcAq38
  • CJ7
  • 10-23-2012, 03:52 PM
ROMNEY: Said that when he was Massachusetts governor, high-school students who graduated in the top quarter "got a four-year, tuition-free ride at any Massachusetts public institution of higher learning."

OBAMA: "That happened before you came into office."

ROMNEY: "That was actually mine, actually, Mr. President. You got that fact wrong."

THE FACTS: Romney was right. The John and Abigail Adams scholarship program began in 2004 when he was governor.

___

OBAMA: "What I would not have had done was left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. And that certainly would not help us in the Middle East."

THE FACTS: Obama was suggesting that he had never favored keeping U.S. troops in Iraq beyond the December 2011 withdrawal deadline that the Bush administration had negotiated with the Iraqi government. Actually, the Obama administration tried for many months to win Iraqi agreement to keeping several thousand American troops there beyond 2011 to continue training and advising the Iraqi armed forces. The talks broke down over a disagreement on legal immunity for U.S. troops.
You believe him?
Guys, they were both making up shit, that's why they're politicians. They're begging for your vote and once in, they screw you, until the next cycle, and then they blame their fuck ups on somebody else. American politics is like doing laundry. Same cycle, different day.
so I suppose only one guy is open to castigation...
When you assume everyone is lying then the real liars win. Obama was lying. Accept and don't fall for the democratic meme "hey, everyone does it, I just got caught"
JD - Bullshit, I don't fall for anyone's lies. I'm glad I can control myself, otherwise I would have needed to buy 3 new TVs after the 3 debates (didn't bother with the circus display by the VP debate, both guys are clowns). It's very difficult to assume they're not lying when all their lies can be easily verified. Also, you're asking me to accept that Obama was lying, but you're not accepting that Mitt was lying. No wonder we're fucked. People vote based on who lies the best, (or who gets caught the least). No wonder we're fucked. Nov 6 will be like asking me if I want to die with lethal injection or by hanging, either way I'm going to die fairly quickly, but at least I get to choose how.

Now go kiss some Romney butt, he's waiting for you.
Usual bull shit Romney flip flopped on so many things going from the right to the center,and agreeing on most of Obies foreign policies.But the only lies came from Obie.The right has no morals and their heads are firmly imbedded in the sand...