Whataburger helping with outage map

https://x.com/FOX26Houston/status/18...457669/photo/1

Whataburger is always here for Texans.
Good way to check for power outages.

Been trending all day. Hope this may help someone wondering about power restoration in their area
Great alternative someone discovered as a reliable source since the energy companies map is not working.

Remember to get that #1 w/cheese mayo and tomatoes. Add regular ketchup to taste.
I'm more of a spicy ketchup/catsup kinda faux Nazi
This may be a bit of a hot take, but I feel like the quality of Whataburger has slid since it got bought out by that private equity group in Chicago. Maybe it's just the locations I frequent.
I found out something about centerpoints outage map the reason why they're not showing it is because they're trying to figure out what is all damage and get to work on it it may come back up later I don't know but right now there's so much damage involved that they just don't want to put it up
That's a good assessment.
Someone just found that if a whataburger was operating that area must have power. So if the whataburger marker was a certain color on their locations map that area had power. If not and the restaurant wasn't doing web takeout it was a good indicator no power in area.

Btw.....Now until 11am you can get a tasty breakfast at whataburger. Taquitos or a breakfast on a bun aka Bob. Or enjoy their great pancake platter. I always order an extra sausage patty.

Enjoy with picante or regular ketchup to taste for the taquito.
Always get an extra syrup for the pancakes. it's good
  • R.M.
  • 07-10-2024, 08:50 AM
Can't beat biscuits and gravy with some unsweet tea in the morning.
There's always a gravy tub in the Kansas fridge. Common to dice up last nights leftover meat into that.
The girls giggle about why the help show up at 6am, the biscuits/gravy mash, or eyefull of gal in sundress.
Coffee though.

Something I've seen before and expect to be newsidiocy soon...
Newsies complaining about not being able to contact Power Co staff, etc, or that outage maps are outdated...
Well, duhh, maybe power folks are to busy doing their jobs and don't have time to discuss anything with clueless whiners.
  • R.M.
  • 07-11-2024, 04:37 AM
If gravy was a milk shake. Yum in a sun dress.
Well, duhh, maybe power folks are too busy doing their jobs and don't have time to discuss anything with clueless whiners. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Well, duuh, maybe power folks should have had their crews in position before the hurricane hit, so they would be ready to roll once the storm had passed through. Kinda like they did with Hurricane Ike. There is absolutely no reason why a Cat 1 should have done this much damage to Houston. When you turn a utility into a commodity, where the commodity broker cares more about stock buybacks for their board members, instead of caring about their customers, the chaos we are seeing is the end result.
If you look back at the Texas Public Utilities Commission actions, the concept of transmission resiliency is discussed frequently with the result being a rate case issue.
Which rate cases are, more often than not, objected to and then heavily trimmed.

Most recently there was a proposal Sept 23.

Although for some reason I know more regarding telco rate cases, I'm familiar with electric also.

As for staffing, Houston civies will see staff and trucks from other power companies, and states, doing local repairs cause that's how major damage is dealt with.

Geeze, it's a hurricane.
Great alternative someone discovered as a reliable source since the energy companies map is not working.

Remember to get that #1 w/cheese mayo and tomatoes. Add regular ketchup to taste. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Take me for a Whataburger LOL Never had it and I like cheese mayo/ tomatoes

Every time I'm at Love Filed I see long lines for Whataburger and Chick-Fil-A I just don't get it . I'll take a Steak any day!
Never thought I'd miss the days of Houston Loot & Plunder.

Cost plus profit operating system kept the lay down yards filled with spare transformers, poles, new trucks, etc.

But then I think about how much money I've saved over the years by deregulation.

But after tossing the freezer and refrigerator contents and having to sleep in this heat I am questioning my thoughts.

As for staffing, Houston civies will see staff and trucks from other power companies, and states, doing local repairs cause that's how major damage is dealt with.. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Those other companies and contractors showed up a lot later than they have for past storm restoration work. Why do you think that is?
Cause they watch the weather reports, and will not climb poles in the wind. Also, you do not chainsaw trees when it's still raining. Last, they have to wait for the local to ask, due to insurance and other related issues, including if costs are allowed by the current rate case rules controlled by the state utilities commission.
Do not get me going on this stuff, I had over a decade of that for a telco.
Reread Mike's post 13.