End of the World Survival Skills and Tools Required

I was watching District 9 this past weekend and wondered if I'd be ready for an extinction level event or an Alien invasion in which my survival depended on how much I knew about the world around me.

This scene from Rambo came to mind followed by a ton of rhetorical questions:

Skills required:

Know how to:

• Hot wire a car
  • Administer your own IV ( know ingredients needed for solution)
  • Give yourself needle injections
  • Start a fire
  • Butcher a hog and preserve a fresh kill
  • Kill a bear and wear it's fur
  • CPR
  • Filter water
  • Trap Bush-meat
  • Fish
  • Dig a foxhole
  • Distinguish plant types (for medicine and food)
  • Climb a tree
  • Rappel down a hillside
  • Breathe through a wooden blowhole
  • Use a bow and arrow
  • Skin a rabbit or squirrel
  • Build a makeshift tent of wood and leaves
  • Shoot a gun
  • Basic bartering for goods
  • Basic electronics and wiring
  • Use Morse code
  • Speak another language (preferably Spanish)
  • Simple carpentry and mechanics
  • Garden / skills
  • Make rope from wild vines
  • Swim
  • Make clothes and shoes from leaves and plants

Items needed

• Potassium Iodide pills that will protect you if you are exposed to harmfull radiation.
  • Emergency Survival Sleeping Bag
  • Survival style backpack:
  • Large and small knife
  • Longterm food stuff (7 yr shelf life)
  • Gun & Bullets (until you run out)
  • Hand crank power generated flashlight and radio
  • Bow and Arrow
  • Mini collapsable Army shovel
  • Mace
  • Rope Mosquito Spray
  • Tourniquet
  • Codine / Aspirin / Morphine

I'm sure there's other things you can add to the list.

Be prepared because I know I'm not. I know how to barter, swim, and shoot a gun. That's pretty much it for me. I'd be a dead man in no time. It's time I learned to acquire some down to earth useful skills.
All I know is that when the shit hits the fan I'm grabbing 50 friends and neighbors and making a beeline for the nearest Walmart to barricade and use as base for my colony.

It has everything you need to ride out the first few weeks and prepare for the rest of your life.

Food
Water
Pharmaceuticals
Tools
and most importantly, GUNS AND AMMO...lots of it.
All I know is that when the shit hits the fan I'm grabbing 50 friends and neighbors and making a beeline for the nearest Walmart to barricade and use as base for my colony.

It has everything you need to ride out the first few weeks and prepare for the rest of your life.

Food
Water
Pharmaceuticals
Tools
and most importantly, GUNS AND AMMO...lots of it. Originally Posted by SpiceItUp
Lol tee hee. You're gonna let the aliens corner you. Did you not see "The Watch". Lol
Oh damn, I'd better think this through...

there is one population group that is statistically more likely to survive I think:

there is one population group that is statistically more likely to survive I think:
Originally Posted by SpiceItUp

Hahaha! You fucktards better be scared! Ha!
Get tight with a few Mormons.
They stockpile a years worth and are quite charitable.
Hahaha! You fucktards better be scared! Ha! Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
l4b......Just because I stockpile a shitload of canned goods, water and a shit ton of 7.62 & .223 ammo for various assault rifles....Does not make me a redneck!!!!....just a good Texan!!!!....
Guess I better get me some back wood white friends. Call me the black neck.
Guess I better get me some back wood white friends. Call me the black neck. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
I'm in the suburbs....

But we love dark meat.....
l4b......Just because I stockpile a shitload of canned goods, water and a shit ton of 7.62 & .223 ammo for various assault rifles....Does not make me a redneck!!!!....just a good Texan!!!!.... Originally Posted by Russ38
That was tongue and cheek......

I am good for a couple of years too... Just as long as I am at Home when the world ends...
That was tongue and cheek......

I am good for a couple of years too... Just as long as I am at Home when the world ends... Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
Not tongue n cheek at all L4....I'm good as well....hopefully the "other" small arms will get me back home if I'm not there already....
"GO BAG" I have a few.... some places I cannot take it, and scared to leave it in the truck.

Some well hidden hand guns in the truck, and a butt load of ammo,in the back,,,, hehe

there is one population group that is statistically more likely to survive I think: Originally Posted by SpiceItUp
What about Euro soccer thug. Predators or Prey? lol

I can skin a buck, I can run a trot line... a country cat can survive...
...provided there is a clean litter box ...ijs.