Illusion

The greatest illusion is that of separation.
As in separation between married partners (ala Gores)? Or SOs? Is this the illusion you're talking about? (Absence makes the heart grow fonder.)

Let's see, other separations:

Child in college;
Tire from rim;
Hobbyist from ATF (or other);

Or something else???
  • WTF
  • 06-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Marcus probably just had Chinese takeout
Marcus probably just had Chinese takeout Originally Posted by WTF
Oh, it's the separation imposed by acid reflux. Now I get it.
Separation is very real, Marcus.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see how necessary, for example booster rocket separation is necessary to a good launch.

The greatest illusion is that of separation. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Is that obscure or obtuse, Marcus.
"Love is the child of illusion and the parent of disillusion" Miguel De Unamuno

(on the cover of this months Vanity Fair)
  • WTF
  • 06-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Oh, it's the separation imposed by acid reflux. Now I get it. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Fortune Cookie
As in separation between married partners (ala Gores)? Or SOs? Is this the illusion you're talking about? (Absence makes the heart grow fonder.)

Child in college;
Tire from rim;

Or something else??? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I would think it's the illusions of societal separations. The more you think you're set apart, the more you're the same.
Two thumbs up T. J.

I would think it's the illusions of societal separations. The more you think you're set apart, the more you're the same. Originally Posted by Tiffani Jameson
The greatest illusion is that of the self or ego. The illusion of separation is a consequence of that illusion.
The greatest illusion is that of separation. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Perhaps... if you've ever laid in your bed alone, and still felt someone that once once there and isn't now? they could be half the world away... The best part is when that separation is ALSO a reality. When out of sight really becomes out of mind.
Anyone that has ever stayed married too long has found that not separating is the illusion.

Child in college;
Tire from rim;

Or something else??? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

Dog from my leg.
Dog from my leg. Originally Posted by pyramider
See. See. There is an illusion when it comes to separation from dogs.