EMail notification?

Is this feature not operable at present or do I have something set improperly on my CP?

The option "instant email notification" is selected.

Thanks
I just checked your profile and everything seems to be set up correctly, I have mine setup that way and it works just fine.

Have you checked your spam filter to make sure they aren't going there?

LAP
  • TBONE
  • 01-03-2010, 02:41 PM
It seems the various spam folders out there are HUGE FANS of ECCIE!
Nothing in my junk folder. I disabled my McAfee Security Suite. Filtering on microsoft outlook 2007 is set to "low".

Email is coming in fine from ASPD, plus tons of ads from retailers. This problem seems limited to ECCIE.

I went to my CP and re-set my email addy, password, etc. Checked my subscriptions.

No clue what to check next?

I'm running XP-Pro SP-3, MS Office 2007, McAfee Security Suite.

Thanks
I re-set my email & password then got locked out of the site. Sent an email to staff. Just back in, changed password and email - and will access from another computer. I'll update when I know if it is working or not.
Thanks,
SeaDog
  • TBONE
  • 01-03-2010, 07:29 PM
The emailer is fine. Check with your email service if they are blocking mail from us for some reason. In the meantime, staff can resolve any issues for you in short order.
I am having same problems. There is nothing in my spam folder.
SeaDog can give more information on this but he actually had to contact his ISP and have them remove ECCIE from their internal spam filter

LAP
My primary email is COX.

I sent en email to techsupport and shortly afterwards my inbox was flooded with emails from ECCIE.NET.

I also checked my security settings on my computer (accessible via CONTROL PANEL on XP-PRO)

And added ECCIE.NET to my SAFE LIST on my McAfee Security Suite.

If you are having the same problem, see if you can access your email account externally - i.e. in my case from the COX website. If there is nothing in your inbox or junk or spam folders from ECCIE.NET, you can email TECH SUPPORT directly from your webmail page.

If you do find mail in your junk or spam folders, there will be a simple process for marking a piece of mail as "ALWAYS TRUST MAIL FROM THIS SENDER" or something similar.

Hope this helps.

SeaDog
I'm having the same issue. I went into the user's folder on this site and couldn't figure out if I needed to put a check by something or what I need to do to get e-mail notification about topics that I've posted to.

Your help would be appreciated!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
I'm having the same issue. I went into the user's folder on this site and couldn't figure out if I needed to put a check by something or what I need to do to get e-mail notification about topics that I've posted to.

Your help would be appreciated!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Elisabeth -

Open "USER CP"

Click "Edit Options"

Scroll down to: "Messaging & Notifications"
You will see a box in the middle, right under
"Default Thread Subscription Mode"

Select "Instant Email Notification"

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click
"SAVE CHANGES"

If this doesn't work, or "Instant Email . . " was already selected, holler back & I'll can give you some help with your browser / external mail.