Referral link?

Do we have a way to send someone a link so they can join the site and we get credit for the referral?
  • TBONE
  • 04-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Yes! Email your local staff.
  • TBONE
  • 04-21-2009, 11:28 AM
I don't think I answered that properly FM. Go to your user CP.Right under your notepad you'll see a link that says invite your friends.You send the link and get referral credit.

Sorry for the confusion!
The link is "www.eccie.net/register.php?referrerid=##" Where ## is your member number. To find your number go to your member profile page. The address will end in U=##. That last number is your member number. When someone clicks your link and registers it will populate the referal field with your information.

~1TGA
  • Maxx
  • 04-21-2009, 01:09 PM
What if someone you asked to join, signs up through the register page rather than the link? can you still get a referral credit some how? I've had a couple members sign up but not through the special link as I was unaware you needed to send a link to them. The main thing is that they are now members.
They can fill in the referal field when they register, but it is not a required. To go back and add it after the fact would take a site admin with way too much time on his/her hands

~1TGA
Thanks, guys!
Uh, oh. There seems to be a permissions problem. I clicked the link and got this:

FatManHobbyist, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
  • TBONE
  • 04-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Try it again FM..just worked for me.
you man need to log out and clear you cookies

~1TGA
Logged out. Cleared cookies. Still shows I do not have permission.
  • TBONE
  • 05-04-2009, 07:46 PM
FMH, thanks for being so damn patient with us buddy. Can you just give it one more try? I think I found what was causing the issue....and it's been resolved. Let me know, will ya?

TBONE
I am widely known for my patience, maturity, and wisdom.

Yup! Working now, TBone!
  • PSP
  • 05-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Works for me, too!
Sorry for bumping an old thread here but I'm in the dark. This thread is talking about credits for referring new members. May I ask what the credit is for? Will my membership run out because I don't have any credits?

Another thing I'd like to ask concerns reviews. I am understanding "the rest of the story" comments in reviews can be read by all. Is this correct and will they (and all future reviews as well) remain in "readable by all" status throughout ECCIE's life?