AMP in Jackson area??

Are there any asian massage parlors in the jackson area anymore? I used to go to chinese massage in flowood but they have been closed for a while now. I dont want to drive all the way to Hattiesburg or Meridian, hoping theres something closer...
I think there's one but it gets mixed reviews plus the AMP/Spa scene in Jackson has been hot with LEO activity, a good number of busts at the places. You know now that Jackson has violence and murders under control, they have time to go after the small stuff.
Where
They can't fix the potholes, or provide a decent public education, but they can spend tons of money running massage parlor stings.
RL I would love to know what place you are speaking of !!!
I think it was Chinese Massage or something like that...Big Chief, I think you were the last one to review them.
Maybe Lake Harbour? They closed also, or it is "temporarily closed"... been that way for a few months. Seems like every one has been shut down. Its a shame because I'm a sucker for an asian girl. I will just have to wait for my trip to nola in a few weeks, or take a ride out to Hattiesburg maybe
Well shit I thought it might be one I missed thanks for getting my hopes up! And for the SOB who shut down 777 I hope santa clause shits under your tree!!!
Why y'all blaming Jackson? Jackson police haven't run a single sting operation, it's all been Hinds County Police. And all the closed AMPs were in Flowood - Jackson police didn't close them.
Thanks yjbrown

Just for clarification purposes, all the AMPs have been in the suburbs, Ridgeland, Flowood, and Brandon.

Jackson has Studio 1 and Studio 2 and there haven't been any busts there. There was one massage parlor on Lakeland Drive on the Jackson side, that was shut down, but there was a doctor's office that kept making complaints and the rest is history.
My apologies for throwing shade on jackson like that. I didn't grow up here and have not lived here very long , it didn't occur to me that flowood is in a different county than Jackson. I am a littlr unclear on what is Hinds County and what is Rankin county. And then I live in Madison County so im very confused. There was no mal-intent with my remarks and I did not want to offend anyone
My apologies for throwing shade on jackson like that. I didn't grow up here and have not lived here very long , it didn't occur to me that flowood is in a different county than Jackson. I am a littlr unclear on what is Hinds County and what is Rankin county. And then I live in Madison County so im very confused. There was no mal-intent with my remarks and I did not want to offend anyone Originally Posted by Jew-tang_clan36
No malcontent taken. Just want to make sure we are clear and hold blame where it should go.

Jackson is a conundrum. Unlike other major cities, Jackson and the county it is in, borders surrounding suburban cities and county's

You look at Chicago, but everything is in Cook County.

Not to get too far off track, but that is why there's so much strife between the surrounding cities/county's and Jackson/Hinds County. They are competing against each other for tax dollars and economic survival. It's sad. A strong Jackson, will make for strong suburbs.

But that's a topic for another day.

I can guarantee, if an AMP opened in Jackson, it would have a better chance of surviving than it would in the surrounding suburbs.
  • Xjf3
  • 12-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Thanks yjbrown

Just for clarification purposes, all the AMPs have been in the suburbs, Ridgeland, Flowood, and Brandon.

Jackson has Studio 1 and Studio 2 and there haven't been any busts there. There was one massage parlor on Lakeland Drive on the Jackson side, that was shut down, but there was a doctor's office that kept making complaints and the rest is history. Originally Posted by SirWonderful1906
Not quite the whole story. JPD shut one down not too long also off High St near the Honda dealer and another one off Lakeland about 8 months ago.
Those of you with long memories will remember the AMP at Pear Orchard and Country Line, on the Jackson side. Too visible, too many nosy women working nearby. Open up in an industrial area, and everyone will leave you alone.
The spa off High St got busted because someone got angry with one of the girls and snitched. But again I think that was a Hinds County busy.
Those of you with long memories will remember the AMP at Pear Orchard and Country Line, on the Jackson side. Too visible, too many nosy women working nearby. Open up in an industrial area, and everyone will leave you alone. Originally Posted by yjbrown
Yes, I remember that place. Didn’t stay open very long. I only went a couple of times, but it was great. Hated that they closed, but I must admit that the location did make me a bit nervous. Definitely not a good spot for such a place. It was called Hot Stone, and I think the sign is still there. No other business ever moved into that spot. I think the shopping center where it was located is called Pear Orchard Village (where Margaritas is).

I think all of the AMPs in Jxn area are closed now (Chinese, Oriental, and Lake Harbour), and so are several of the non-Asian studios. Several studios have been busted, but I think the AMPs may have been shut down by the state massage board (or at least started having some problems with them).

There are still at least a couple of studios open. Studio 1 & 2 seem to be doing ok. I’ve been to both a few times but stopped going to any of those places after the first bust. Apparently there’s also a new one called Spa Therapy that was recently started by a couple of the former Health Studio girls, but I haven’t been there.

I liked the Asian places because I could always count on a good massage with little-to-no draping. Could usually get a HE, too. Couldn’t always count on the HE, but that was part of the excitement for me. It wasn’t a sure thing and not knowing made it kind of an adventure of sorts. That was just icing on the cake anyway, though. I really enjoyed their style of massage. If nothing else, it was a great tease, very relaxing, and simply something different.

Would certainly be a good time for someone to open up a new AMP. Hope that happens soon. I miss those massages (with the potential for a little something extra). I agree that if they put it in an industrial area (or at least off the beaten path), they probably wouldn’t have any problems.