Nerve Racking - New Supreme Court Decision - YOUR PHONE IS NOT SAFE

This made my stomach drop, granted, it was a CA decision, these things have a tendency to go national. Especially concerning if you travel. I'm sure there will be more on this in the future.

Steps I am taking to protect my clients and I:

1. Encrypt my phone.

2. I am no longer going to be carrying my phone next to me while driving. It will be locked in the glove compartment.

3. Not a new procedure, but I want to reassure all of my clients who share their RW info, that once that information is verified, it is deleted. I have ZERO interest in knowing your RW info. All I care is that a) you are not a cop, b) you are not a psycho.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share them with me. For some of you who know me, you know that I take NOTHING more seriously than the privacy and safety of my clients and I.

Stay safe,

Camille
  • ttmax
  • 11-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Beautiful. ....you are about 10 years to late......even I can track someone today!!!...the court, its just giving up front permission with the ruling. .....best way is buy a throw away phone and pay cash. ..oh! And handle the cash with latex gloves to hide any prints. ....and don't use the phone too long because it will be tracked a lot sooner then you think. Haha! 1984 movie was just child's play. Hell, even on this site someone is tracking us and THEY know our ID's.
A throwaway phone, if used for texting, PM, phone calls, etc, when caught on your person, is not a throwaway phone

I don't use my personal phone. But what is on a throwaway phone is enough. The issue is, they DO NOT NEED a warrant... It just needs to be on you/with you.

I don't need to be stopped for speeding and get arrested for much worse because of what's in my phone. That's the point.
Just think, Hooker Haven (the medical center) is maaaaybe 5 miles from the NSA cyber headquarters place. If they really wanted your shit they'd already have it. As for local PD, never consent to a search and never speak without a lawyer
No one should have client numbers saved into their phone. Just have clients identify themselves when they contact you. Everything should be deleted and never saved to a provider cell which should also be a throw away phone. I never keep client numbers in my phone- too many things can happen- besides this new ruling.
LMFAO! I thought I recognized the "RT" in green block logo: Russia Today, broadcast by a nation that could not give a flaming fuck about its own citizens' civil liberties.

Still, useful info -- on both the threat to our own civil liberties, and the precautions we can take. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Camille.

P.S.: A lady recently teased me -- "you need to get yourself a big boy 'phone" -- for continuing to use my antiquated LG flip 'phone, on which I store no contact info, and from which I regularly purge sent and received voice and text info. Having seen this, I'm hardly anxious to graduate to a smart 'phone.
Just think, Hooker Haven (the medical center) is maaaaybe 5 miles from the NSA cyber headquarters place. If they really wanted your shit they'd already have it. As for local PD, never consent to a search and never speak without a lawyer Originally Posted by mayorcastro
Indeed they are and could, Mayor -- but what's your point? George Orwell's nightmares of the novel 1984 were misplaced: our worst enemy is not Big Brother (in the person of NSA or other federal agency), but the plethora of greedy entrepreneurs who collect and peddle our personal information to anyone, for a fee.

There are companies that peddle cell 'phone spying services, enabling their customers to access numbers called/called from (with associated date/time and "owner" of number), photos, videos; there is even a key logger to pick up texted messages.

One last thought, Mayor -- has it ever dawned on you how much Hooker Heaven might be profiting from federal employees, who are "cleared-for-weird", on lunch break?

Of course, companies like these hide behind the guise that they're only helping wronged spouses gather evidence on their cheating SO's, or helping parents monitor and protect their children (teensafe.com); but they could hardly give a damn who is using the info, and for what purpose -- which could be anything but benign.

One last thought, Mayor -- ever consider how much Hooker Heaven might be earning from "cleared-for-weird" federal employees on lunch break?
Indeed they are and could, Mayor -- but what's your point? George Orwell's nightmares of the novel 1984 were misplaced: our worst enemy is not Big Brother (in the person of NSA or other federal agency), but the plethora of greedy entrepreneurs who collect and peddle our personal information to anyone, for a fee.

There are companies that peddle cell 'phone spying services, enabling their customers to access numbers called/called from (with associated date/time and "owner" of number), photos, videos; there is even a key logger to pick up texted messages.

One last thought, Mayor -- has it ever dawned on you how much Hooker Heaven might be profiting from federal employees, who are "cleared-for-weird", on lunch break?

Of course, companies like these hide behind the guise that they're only helping wronged spouses gather evidence on their cheating SO's, or helping parents monitor and protect their children (teensafe.com); but they could hardly give a damn who is using the info, and for what purpose -- which could be anything but benign.

One last thought, Mayor -- ever consider how much Hooker Heaven might be earning from "cleared-for-weird" federal employees on lunch break? Originally Posted by Bush Pilot
Mayor just got Served!
LOL
Mayor just got Served!
LOL Originally Posted by KlassyKelliAnn
  • ttmax
  • 11-02-2014, 01:40 PM
OK! what if all we did was meet up and play...... provider and hobbies meet up, they "eye connect" meaning yes, I want you.....and the other party agrees... a third party takes care of all other arrangements, and details.....example, meeting place... donation..... and all other good stuff..... All the provider and hobbies do is play, enjoy and walk away! Provider is happy and hobbies is happy. Its like!! .....debit! and credit! they go together..... Dam, I am confusing even myself.
With one major exception (see way below):

1 - every "electronic" action or transaction can and usually is (somewhere) being tracked and or archived.

2 - the above refers to the transmission data, not necessarily the content of that data.

Those who know what the "radio spectrum" is also know that:

Electronic can and does include cell phone transmissions (voice or text) - email submissions, Tweets, sexts, etc. etc. And anything and everything on the internet even if the user does not log into whatever site he/she is perusing.

(exception to the above: certain government and military uses of the radio spectrum whether openly broadcast or narrowbanded within an lightwave pipeline -- fiberoptics. Thing is, the guvmint knows where these take place and most of the time archives all that data, too)

= = = = =

Those of us seriously concerned with our personal communications security have taken a few elementary steps to diminish risk.

But the fact of the matter is that unless we are buried so deep in the hobby as to be virtually invisible, we not only take risk but we also accept it.

Keeping a low profile means we don't do certain things in the open which could cause LE to look at us with more than a passing glance.

= = = = =

Freaking out at certain news articles, court decisions, etc. serves no one.

Cleansing your phone, your computer, etc. periodically, may sound like a decent security precaution, and, indeed, for certain individuals definitely not a bad idea.

However, there is NO WAY to cleanse the trail of any data once held in your phone or computer (phablet, etc.) since you don't the internet of the cellular network. Even using wi-fi at McDonalds or Starbux can and does leave a trail that obviously can be accessed by LE if they want to go that far.

Much more riskier exposure usually comes via behavior, not data.