Recent Des Moines AMP action

I was wondering how that new Des Moines ordinance / law that became effective around the New Year has affected the local AMPs? Something about their need to have a LMT on the roster? And that LE could now simply enter the premises? Not entirely sure what the full ins and outs are but maybe somebody else more in the know can shed some light?
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...le/2342923002/

I will reference the above Des Moines Register article as I write this. First is this quote from the 2nd paragraph.
"The capital city’s ordinance is relatively simple: Either have a state massage therapy license or cease operation."
This has always been state law. Many of the AMP's do have licensed massage therapists. So nothing has changed, as evidenced by the quote from LMT Cassie Simpson in the last paragraph of the article.
“We do nothing different,” she said. “We just continue to follow the law. This is what we wanted.”
Some suburbs and cities have required a city permit and a fee for each individual massage therapist. Des Moines didn't do this, to their credit, because the non-Asian massage businesses fought this aspect of the law. The protests of LMT's stopped similar ordinances from passing in Marshalltown, which didn't even have an AMP.
One councilman is quoted as seeing a van pull up to one of the AMPs and group of young women get out and go inside. If you are an AMP customer you know this is BS because 95% of the women who work at AMPs are in their 40's or older. Of the younger women I've encountered "extras" were a definite no no.
Council members mention the Grand View University area, "where suspected unlicensed massage parlors have popped up quickly."
There is one AMP in that area that has been there for at least 3 years, and same early 40's lady has worked there alone for at least the last two years.
Then they trot out the newest revenue raising boogy man, human trafficking. There is no human trafficking going on in any Des Moines area AMP.
I personally am acquainted with 3 managers of these establishments, all women, and all discourage prostitution among their employees and have fired workers they catch doing it. That is why at some point, mid-massage, they walk in and ask the lady a question and leave again. They are checking. No extras is the official policy of all these places, but individuals will do what they will.
So to answer your question, nothing has changed except some more people may have obtained LMT licenses. This was "feel good" legislation so they can go out at election time and say they are fighting the human trafficking myth. The police are calling any prostitution bust, mostly John stings, human trafficking.
Des Moines is always talking about bringing more convention business to the city and since you can't play golf here 300 days a year, the attractions are limited. People who plan these things notice and aren't going to recommend a destination that can't serve their clients interests.
For some reason the post appeared twice. I swear I only hit the post button once.
Thx Climax. As usual, an erudite and considered explanation of the matter. I have always laughed at some members of the Des Moines city council who persist in denigrating the AMP in Snusville as contributing to that entire "run-down" area as being a blight on the Highland Park area which is probably a good mile away. Some people need a good massage to help work out their kinks.
Thanks for your post CB. I have never been to an amp so some clarity on the situation was helpful. Can you elaborate on the last sentence? I’m intrigued.
People who plan conventions or events get feedback from attendees of past events. I'm not saying they are complaining that you can't buy pussy in Des Moines. It may just be a generic comment like, "Des Moines sucked, nothing to do there.", that effects future consideration.