Drinking on dates

• oden
  • 07-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I only like to drink a small amount on dates as it tends to limit multiple opportunities on my part. However, I have noticed that if my date drinks it has increased her willingness to try for multiples and extend time. It's almost like paying for a drinking buddy vs. a date.

How many drinks are acceptable for a lady to have during a one to two hour session without dinner?
I never drink on a date... I know some do to take the edge off before.. but that just isn't me.
I'm not a date drinker either unless I know you very well. I'd say one or two max.
I only like to drink a small amount on dates as it tends to limit multiple opportunities on my part. However, I have noticed that if my date drinks it has increased her willingness to try for multiples and extend time. It's almost like paying for a drinking buddy vs. a date.

How many drinks are acceptable for a lady to have during a one to two hour session without dinner? Originally Posted by oden
It depends on who I am with. I have been know to drink a margarita during dinner on a date, or drink a mixed drink or wine when visiting with a date at a bar. For the most part I am a light weight, so I don't really drink too much.

On the other hand.. I have been known to enjoy a wild party and a 5 way...lmao. That is a whole other story.. but let us just say we did "tokillya" shots and martinis...somewhere along the line we were smoking some cigars too! My memory is a bit foggy on that party event.

All in all, if I am meeting someone for the first time, I might enjoy 1 drink. Most of the time however I prefer not to drink with new friends only established ones.
  • Old-T
  • 07-08-2011, 07:54 AM
All in all, if I am meeting someone for the first time, I might enjoy 1 drink. Most of the time however I prefer not to drink with new friends only established ones. Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures
This seems to be the prevailing view of most the ladies I've seen. Maybe a drink if we go to diner, a coke or water in the room. Once we've known each other enough to talk about an overnight, then maybe a bottle of wine once we've settled in for the night. So long as it doesn't doesn't move over to "drunk" it makes no difference to me.

Personally I don't drink when I'm out--whether it's with a lady, a group of guys, or by myself. I'll have a couple glasses of wine when I'm home or in the hotel for the night.
I do remember a couple of dates, years ago, one in particular.. who brought his whiskey flask with him on dates. He was an alcoholic, yet he ran a well known business here in Houston. (The guy was wealthy) He was well known on the old "P" board as a poster. I found it such a put off though, because his breath reaked of booze. I was always amazed at how functional he was even though he was an alcoholic.

The only other time I can recall from the past was another date where the guy got upset because I would not drink with him continually during the date. He became irate and I ended up leaving. Days later, I received an apology via email. But he went on my DNS list after that.

I prefer my dates to be responsible when drinking. It is my policy now, that if a date shows up inebriated I will end the date immediately.
I always contact a lady a few weeks in advance, we exchange emails to get to know ea so when we meet we're not complete strangers anymore, and yes a few glasses of champagne with appetizers, romantic music, scented candles and flowers are all part of a very enjoyable date to me. (And has never failed)
One of my best sessions ever, we were both plastered.....

Sixx
I need to become more of a wine person. Everyone raves about wine, but I haven't acquired a taste for it. I enjoy the sweeter drinks, and tried a couple of Riesling wines, but just didn't like them.
I need to become more of a wine person. Everyone raves about wine, but I haven't acquired a taste for it. I enjoy the sweeter drinks, and tried a couple of Riesling wines, but just didn't like them. Originally Posted by Lil Oral Annie
My moods usually determine what I am interested in drinking. When I am with friends and family I like beers and tequila shots. I love BJ's Brewery they have this awesome Jerryburst type beer. When I am eating sushi on a date I like a good cold premium sake. Lately my favorite has been Gekkiekan Zipang! It taste like champagne. I enjoy of good gin martini at social functions. I like good red wines too.. merlot, pino noir, zinfandel..etc.

Once in a blue moon I will get an old classic mixed drink like a tequila sunrise, or a bloody mary..
I enjoy a nice glass of wine or margarita but I tend not to drink on dates unless, like many of the previous posters have said, I know the client well and then 1 glass or 2 at the most. I never want to find myself feeling like Im in a condition where I'm not in complete control of my behavior. Not really sure that a paying client wants to be in the presence of a provider who is to inebriated to "provide" a pleasurable experience.
I need to become more of a wine person. Everyone raves about wine, but I haven't acquired a taste for it. I enjoy the sweeter drinks, and tried a couple of Riesling wines, but just didn't like them. Originally Posted by Lil Oral Annie
Annie, you might like a Moscato, or white zinfandel which is where I cut my Wino chops many years ago.
Then there are martinis...
One of my best sessions ever, we were both plastered.....

Sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Hi,

lmao, I know we hit it off on the wrong foot many months ago, but I still think of you....

If you're a man that only drinks "fruit gatorade" stay away from me...I like CEO's and most of them sip once in awhile....so for those that judge people, remember your day is coming...aheheh or should I say cummmingggg....

Sincerely,
Wet
Annie, you might like a Moscato, or white zinfandel which is where I cut my Wino chops many years ago. Originally Posted by thumpusa
Thank you, thumpusa... I will definitely try that.