Fake mars trip

• oeb11
  • 01-31-2021, 10:31 AM
mars is a major technological challenge - to get to the 'red planet' and survive the hostile environment on the trip and planet.

RIP - And??????
What about food after you get there ?
Rip,

Start a go fund me page to finance your trip.
aoc has been there!

https://www.space.com/hi-seas-valori...ander-report-3 Originally Posted by Ripmany
It's not going to happen. We haven't mastered this planet. America can't even make a reliable Automobile, less a spacecraft to go millions of miles out side our planet.
Can we stop opening threads that basically consist of a link?

Give me a synopsis of what the link says and why I should click on it.
its a mars stimulation of what might happen if astronauts worked in Mars. in this simulation, they got hit by a strong storm which prolly runs for days. they're running low on power.
People say fake moon trip.
  • oeb11
  • 02-01-2021, 07:43 AM
I wonder if the purpose of the thread was to bring out the anti-vaxxer and "fake moon-landings" types???
I just want to know if there's any goal to going to Mars other than to say we got there first? Are we mining it for anything?
  • oeb11
  • 02-01-2021, 08:43 AM
Very good question

Very difficult to mine on mars - and get tons of mining results back to Earth in a cost -effective manner.

It would be necessary - IMHO - to have valid cost/result analysis to assess the cost-effectiveness - and factor in the lost lives of many people in a very hostile Mars environment.