Shooting star is named after Freddie Mercury in honor of his 70th birthday

To honor his 70th Birthday, the International Astronomical Union has named Asteroid17473 after Freddie Mercury. The asteroid was discovered in 1991, the year of his death. It sits in an asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter and can only be viewed with a powerful telescope.

“ The name approved by the IAU is the formal and official name forever to be associated with this asteroid; so, any scientific papers in the future that study this asteroid will refer to it as ‘17473 Freddiemercury.’ Even if you can't see Freddiemercury leaping through the sky, you can be sure he's there.”

via A shooting star leaping through the sky: asteroid named after Freddie Mercury on '70th birthday'
huh, that is very cool. I've been a queen fan all my life pretty much , and like this very much. Thx for posting
He is a legend who definitely deserves a star.
Very talented man. Keep on shining, Freddie !!

wow thats cool!!!!!!!!!!!

Freddie Mercury/Quotes
I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.

I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend.

I always knew I was a star And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me.

I dress to kill, but tastefully.

I like to be surrounded by splendid things.

What will I be doing in twenty years' time? I'll be dead, darling! Are you crazy?

Who wants to live forever

When I'm dead, I want to be remembered as a musician of some worth and substance.

I'm very emotional; I think I may go mad in several years' time.

I want to lead the Victorian life, surrounded by exquisite clutter.
His music truly helped me to come into a deeper understanding of myself.