The problem with SNATCH threads, and what to do about it.

It took me awhile, but I finally figured out the problem with SNATCH threads in the current environment. At one point I thought adding a short notice forum for each city would fix the problem (i.e., create a separate ad forum solely devoted to the such ads), but after witnessing the mods in cities grappling with how to police such ads I now understand it would create even further moderating headaches: how to deal with ladies who currently can't follow the advertising policies, who would now create a huge number of posts that a stretched moderating staff would then have to review.

The widespread acceptance of these threads (by members, not management) does beg the question: is there a way using this site's platform to create something similar to what Gina has done with P411? For those unfamiliar, the P411 Available Now feature provides very little opportunity for the lady to deviate from the rules. She can only post hours available and location. She is only allowed to post once an hour.

For this to work without moderator involvement, it would have to be template driven. The template would have just a few fields: hours available, incall and/or outcall, location. The first two of these fields would have a drop down pick list, so a lady couldn't deviate from those fields' intent. Location would need to be a text field, but it could be limited in size (20 characters?). The forum would also need to lock out providers for a set period of time so they can't crowd out the page with only their advertisements.

My question is two-fold: Would this be an easy thing to do from a technical perspective? If so, what issues arise from adopting such an approach that I'm not seeing?
Appreciate your thought and the obvious pains and pangs that mods in some cities must endure.

Thing is, imo, the more easy solution would be persons who over post in the snatch thread catch one break, a warning. Second overpost their access to the ISO forum in that city is suspended for one year. I would also suggest applying this treatment to the normal provider ad forums.

Yup, a bit of work for the currently mostly overworked admins, but, what the heck, the first unlucky few would be just that, a warning to the rest of the folks who are tempted to over post.

Sure, the software likely can be written to permit only a single post per 24 hour day, running midnight to midnight, bu that's a site expense not needed imo.
the first unlucky few would be just that, a warning to the rest of the folks who are tempted to over post. Originally Posted by ck1942
+1
Just ban them for a month if they break the rules. Easy
Just remove all posting privileges for all whores outside of the ad forums. Easy.
Just remove all posting privileges for all whores outside of the ad forums. Easy. Originally Posted by Wakeup
Like in the Good ole Days!
This is not even true; a P411 "Available Now" ad lasts for an hour but actually providers can bump the ad as many times as they want. Being required to accurately choose the correct option out of several verification images as the last step serves to mitigate spamming/bot type activity. But technically, if a provider wanted to repost every 30, or 20, or 15, or 10, or 5 minutes, it's totally allowed.

...She is only allowed to post once an hour.
I've witnessed some "desperation" shamers fixate on the misuse of SNATCH threads. Meanwhile there are super trolls who take up the whole first and sometimes second or third pages of some cities' coed forums with inane drivel..
I misstated. I should have said that she's only allowed one post at a time, and it drops off after an hour. It still serves to keep the list short.
  • Old-T
  • 06-29-2017, 08:54 AM
I've witnessed some "desperation" shamers fixate on the misuse of SNATCH threads. Meanwhile there are super trolls who take up the whole first and sometimes second or third pages of some cities' coed forums with inane drivel.. Originally Posted by Lena Duvall
Lena, you don't understand. THEY are the Anointed Ones. They firmly believe they have a divine right to blither as much as they choose. If they could figure out how to FORCE everyone to read their posts, they would. One unsubstantiated rumor: there was a recommendation to have a quiz pop up every time someone logged in. It would ask questions about recent Anointed Ones posts, and if the person didn't score at least 80% they would be barred from the site for an hour.

I would suggest a "browse Showcases" type of deal for each city, with the following mechansims:

The provider must be online, and active within the snatch time frame.

The providers simply clicks a button that shows that they are available, and what city they are located.

The providers that have clicked the button, and are online, show up as photos.

There is a feedback process when a provider doesn't respond to an inquiry when she has the snatch button checked.
Just remove all posting privileges for all whores outside of the ad forums. Easy. Originally Posted by Wakeup
Like in the Good ole Days! Originally Posted by Whispers
Above not true at all in the aspd era, to which I assume you might be referencing.

Total memory loss if you don't recall that the owner, Amber (Busty Girl) established the COED FORUMS which were open to all genders or gender benders.

In fact, as I recall, more than a few of those coed forums even had provider/supermoderators.

And, back when, the providers who supported that site by purchasing extra posting privileges could also read the bcd (ros here) portions of reviews. Not the male-only forums, of course. Although more than few probably had mandles.

So much, imo, for the "good old days."
How about those good old days when your socials got raided by the police? Those good old days are closer than you think.
Liar Liar pants on fire? Or just a hijacker; look at the subject headline here.

SNATCH THREAD!

Or are you a cop or in bed with them? Or, maybe a CI (confidential informant)!

But since you seem to raise the issue at every opportunity:

2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006,
20067, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011,
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Excepting the **single** Houston incident in December 2009, never ever any other LE issues with any ck1942 organized and hosted socials in Austin, San Antonio, Waco, Killeen, College Station, Taylor, Tyler, Corpus Christi, Houston, etc.

Pretty much the very same event rules dating back to 2002,
with several security adjustments along way.

and the only incident was in December 2009 in Houston in which 12 people out of the over 200 present and accounted for went downtown because they

did not respect the event rules!

And the cops were able to infiltrate several UCs only because the venue management sold us out to preserve its liquor license.

The folks who hobby openly -- and imo, you apparently are not one of us since you don't post reviews! -- already accept a certain measure of risk; no one is forced to attend socials.

But keep peddling your "memories."
Or are you a cop or in bed with them? Or, maybe a CI (confidential informant)! Originally Posted by ck1942
Shh...