WTF With All of the Stupid People

• gt27
  • 06-15-2017, 10:39 PM
https://weather.com/news/news/yellow...s-dylan-gatete

So, I've been to Yellowstone four times and it never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are.

I saw the thermals on the first day I went. It didn't take me long to understand that social darwinism is alive and well. If you have never been, the thermals smell like sulfur and you can feel the heat by standing next to them. Nevertheless, two dipshits(early twenties) were talking about the thermals, with one saying that the thermals had boiling hot water and the other, naively, thinking it was effervescent(there are effervescent springs in Yellowstone). So a bet was made for a SIX PACK OF BEER that the disbelieving dumbass would stick his hand into the thermal to determine whether it is hot or not. The dumbass stuck his hand into the thermal, then proceeded to run along the pathway all the way to the rangers office while holding his burnt hand.

I went again last year and another idiot was messing with the thermals, but this time he lost his life while attempting to get water from the thermals. He fell in and, because of snow that day, the rangers had to wait one day to retrieve the body. The only problem is that the thermals are extremely acidic and melted his body in 24 hours.
These kind of self-inflicted blunders have been taking place for decades in Yellowstone (by ill-informed "tourists", of course....history tells us the indigenous tribes had a fierce respect of these sacred lands and knew of the Do's and Do Not's).

Personally, I've taken multiple trips to this incredible National Park and each time I've heard new stories (from the park rangers themselves) of idiots who purposely leave the safety of the roped-off boardwalks to prove to friends and family that the geysers / springs are "just like bath water" (ie: "Hey....watch this!")

These geothermals have been "brewing" a powerful mixture of minerals / elements for countless megaannus.......they can be spectacular to witness firsthand (see Morning Glory Pool for instance) but the sulfuric and hydrochloric acids make them absolutely deadly. Those who likened these to their jacuzzi back home have rarely lived to tell of the experience of a "quick dip in the pool".
The morning pool is spectacular. It is hard to believe that different types of bacteria make up the colors and that it was almost lost to people a hundred years ago using it as a hot tub.
I'm going to Yellowstone in about a week love that place. Millions of people visitors visit Yellowstone every year so this kind of stuff doesn't surprise me.
I wanna go to Yellowstone and pat a bear cub.
There is not a limit when it comes to dumb things people do when they visit.
They think it is an amusement park, not a super volcano that has become highly active actually the past few years. As well as one big petting zoo and signs are props.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...nger-in-parks/

This story I don't think made national news the 2nd in 5years.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...t-park-reveals
All you have to do is drive ANYWHERE and you will see many idiots taking chances with their lives and of those around them, more need to bath in the pools at Yellowstone. I know we don't need to pollute the pools with idiot scum.
do they have signs not to go near there?
do they have signs not to go near there? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Yes.
But the signs are cemented to the ground, thus, impossible to deliver the signage statement to the idiot tourists head.
"Can't fix stupid" -- Ron White
Sounds like two youth dipshits i heard of in the UK back in 03. Walked up to one of the train sub-stations to try and steal some copper from the power transformers they had. Saw dozens of signs going UP TO the fenced in area where the transformers were about "WARNING, HIGH VOLTAGE< DEATH CAN OCCUR IF YOU TOUCH THEM". Then on the fence itself, MORE warnings, and a reminder "DON'T CLIMB FENCE< YOU ARE TRESPASSING". And lastly more warning signs ON THE transformers themselves.
BUT Both got shocked to shit, one died instantly, the other iirc enroute to hospital.

And the dumbest thing. MOMMY dearest hired a lawyer to sue British Rail, for not doing a good enough job of warning people to stay out, and making it HARDER for someone to sneak in..?!?!??
I want to see Yellowstone again someday. I went when I was a small child and don't remember much except standing on top of a giant tree stump. I was amazed at all the rings.
Mercy the best time to visit is Mid September to the first week of October depending on snow fall of course. The hotel rates and the crowds are not insane during that time you'll deal mostly with hunters and locals.
I wanna go to Yellowstone and pat a bear cub. Originally Posted by Chief Manley
not a good idea. His mother will be near by and she will kill you. She will know you're nothing but a fat overweight human she will let you try to make a run for it but you'll just die tired. Stay home and watch Animal Planet, lol.

Jim
Mercy the best time to visit is Mid September to the first week of October depending on snow fall of course. The hotel rates and the crowds are not insane during that time you'll deal mostly with hunters and locals. Originally Posted by Crystal West
That sounds beautiful. I love crisp fall weather.