IRS knows illegal aliens using stolen SSN's but doesn't tell victims

Wow.. Once again we are shown how incompetent our fed govt workers are.. For YEARS the IRS has known people were defrauding the govt, yet cause of some BS laws they don't work with the Dept of homeland security or INS, to get info out to those who have had their SSN stolen, that "HEY your ID is compromised"..

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hat-illegal-i/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...cial-security/

In this environment, is it any wonder a LOT of people feel the IRS just needs to be DISBANDED, and we go to a flat tax..

And one wonders, HOW MANY of those workers who 'failed to identify the fraud' got raises or pay bonuses??
And it's not just "illegal aliens" using them. The "official" word contained in the response to inquiries to obtain identification of the "hackers" ... is their "privacy" .... let me repeat ....

the PRIVACY of the person who stole the victim's identity!!!!! ...

must be "PROTECTED"!!!!!!
If the ones with their SS stolen, and the illegal had to pay it was a win win.
pretty outrageous that a hacker's stolen ID privacy is protected while the victims ID was stolen and not informed the duplication. worse they're not prosecuted for fraud and the IRS knows its fraud.

why is this win - win? sure if they are also getting refunds too.
If the ones with their SS stolen, and the illegal had to pay it was a win win. Originally Posted by bamscram
The "illegals" aren't "paying" .... they are TAKING!

What IRS does is "freeze" all the shit in their system until their "investigation" is complete. No interest, which is meaningless anyway!

In the meantime the hacker is enjoying the refund!!!!!

sure if they are also getting refunds too. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
The hackers get the refunds....not the taxpayers.
The hackers get the refunds....not the taxpayers. Originally Posted by LexusLover
yeah , that was what I was sayin.
The "illegals" aren't "paying" .... they are TAKING!

What IRS does is "freeze" all the shit in their system until their "investigation" is complete. No interest, which is meaningless anyway!

In the meantime the hacker is enjoying the refund!!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
If there was no refund coming then he gets nothing.
You really are an idiot.
You really are an idiot. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Lemmings are humorous assholes.
pretty outrageous that a hacker's stolen ID privacy is protected while the victims ID was stolen and not informed the duplication. worse they're not prosecuted for fraud and the IRS knows its fraud.

why is this win - win? sure if they are also getting refunds too. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Exactly my point. Criminals get away, not only with the crime but the money, and we the citizen get shanked.. AND have to fight with the IRS to get OUR proper tax return money...