NYC Manhattan DA Candidate proposes decriminalizing sex work

Well this is a breath of fresh air.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/manhat...or-sex-workers

And the New York State Senator from Manhattan is also proposing similar.
https://www.facebook.com/statesenato...83991118283681
Hahaha.... They probably need a gigolo every now and then. So probably not a bad idea.
Sex workers wont want to start declaring their income. When they find out they have to start paying taxes and lose their free healthcare,free snap,free housing and free obama phone they will stop demanding their "rights"
  • oeb11
  • 02-18-2021, 07:43 AM
UC - thanks - interesting first article on eliza orlins.

My personal POV - the state should butt out of what happens between any two freely consenting adults.

i am a bit surprised - the DPST contingent is framing all P4P conduct between consenting adults as 'sex trafficking. "
  • WTF
  • 02-20-2021, 06:02 PM

My personal POV - the state should butt out of what happens between any two freely consenting adults.

i am a bit surprised - the DPST contingent is framing all P4P conduct between consenting adults as 'sex trafficking. " Originally Posted by oeb11
We agree on the state butting out.

Both sides have framed p4p as sex trafficking. So we half agree on that.

• oeb11
  • 02-21-2021, 05:02 AM
DA's are charged with prosecuting those accused of crimes under statutory law passed by legislatures
Yet some DA's - as above and kalifornia - take it upon themselves to unilaterally choose to prosecute/enforce what laws they personally choose.

given that - can DA's also unilaterally up sentencing outside of lawful guidelines passed by legislatures??

In other words - can the radical marxist DPST Da's of teh West Coast and NY - unilaterally prosecute Republicans under teh death penalty - for having an opinion they disagree with?
Of course - a jury trial and judge is required - but in SDNY, DC, and teh West Coast systems - that is a rubber stamp.

Are we coming to a unilateral revolution of teh marxist DPST Da's in law enforcement,

Agenda - confiscate weapons, control teh media, end teh first and second amendments, send all of non marxist DPST opinions to AOC concentration camps?

The marxist DPST's are well on their way to accomplishing their Agenda.

The second amendment is all that is holding them back.

From my cold dead hands - DPSY marxists!
  • WTF
  • 02-21-2021, 07:16 AM
DA's like any segment of government or society can chose wtf they prioritize. Not sure your point on that question.

The 2nd amendment is not holding the government back. When the government decides to go after a segment of society....there is very little they can do about it. Just ask David Kerish...oh wait, he is dead. He had a stockpile of arms and the government bulldozed his compound in Waco.

The result was Olk.City bombing which resulted in Tim McVeigh trial and death and crackdown on paramilitary groups.

The government (no matter the party in charge) tolerates the 2nd amendment "freedoms" until they do not. The folks who stormed the Capital are finding this out.

Short answer. Yes DA's can prioritize where there resources are most effective.

And for the most part to your second inquiry...the government could care less about gun control...they care about insurrection and will shut it down by any means if challenged.
didnt they send lucky luciano up the river for the same thing?

well, lets see. how will the city handle shutting sex workers down for covid just like the restaurants and bars?

inspectors inspectors inspectors...gleeful little inspectors dancing a jig

plus they've already legalized craping on the street
  • oeb11
  • 02-21-2021, 02:02 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luciano

Charles "Lucky" Luciano (/ˌluːtʃiˈɑːnoʊ/,[1] Italian: [luˈtʃaːno]; born Salvatore Lucania[2] [salvaˈtoːre lukaˈniːa];[3] November 24, 1897 – January 26, 1962) was an Italian-born gangster who operated mainly in the United States. Luciano started his criminal career in the Five Points gang and was instrumental in the development of the National Crime Syndicate. Luciano is considered the father of modern organized crime in the United States for the establishment of The Commission in 1931, after he abolished the boss of bosses title held by Salvatore Maranzano following the Castellammarese War. He was also the first official boss of the modern Genovese crime family.

In 1936, Luciano was tried and convicted for compulsory prostitution and running a prostitution racket after years of investigation by District Attorney Thomas E. Dewey. He was sentenced to 30 to 50 years in prison, but during World War II an agreement was struck with the Department of the Navy through his associate Meyer Lansky to provide naval intelligence. In 1946, for his alleged wartime cooperation, his sentence was commuted on the condition that he be deported to Italy. Luciano died in Italy on January 26, 1962, and his body was permitted to be transported back to the United States for burial.
What about being a john.
Sex workers wont want to start declaring their income. Originally Posted by NBruno
They already do. That's not "an issue" ....

... Houston "legalizes" strip club dancers ... and businesses are required to register with the county. "Legalization" involves many facets of business life that are not acceptable to purely personal and private activities.

Look what is about to happen with "firearm" ownership!

The 2nd amendment says you can have one, but it doesn't prohibit the government from KNOWING ABOUT IT!
Houston "legalizes" strip club dancers Originally Posted by LexusLover
I guess we have a different definition of sex
I guess we have a different definition of sex Originally Posted by NBruno
You're from NY? I guess we do.

I don't make a habit of asking ladies "in the business" if they pay income taxes. I don't ask people personal questions of that nature at all. On occasion I get asked questions regarding people's personal business for the purpose of giving them advice. So, I will repeat what I posted: They already do.

The motivation behind "legalizing" the SOBs is to CONTROL THE ACTIVITIES.
  • oeb11
  • 02-28-2021, 08:36 AM
LL - you have a point about the "Sexually Oriented Businesses"
IMHO - for teh ruling nomenklatura - it is more about extracting the maximum taxation and confiscation of wealth , with minimal complaints from the plebes and minions paying for their ruling Tyranny!
Always amazes me how liberal democrats support the murder of babies in the mothers womb based on what's convenient for her. The rally cry is always "It's my body to do with as I please"

Unless your an adult consenting sex worker