heading your way

So I will be in your lovely state for 3 days. I will be in Lafayette, Indiana. Are there any great trails or places to visit and see?
So I will be in your lovely state for 3 days. I will be in Lafayette, Indiana. Are there any great trails or places to visit and see? Originally Posted by Victoria Columbari
Victoria, on the east side of the Wabash River, you're in Lafayette; cross the river, and you're in West Lafayette. West Lafayette is home to Purdue University (my alma mater). Most of the students aren't there right now, the spring semester being over, so there probably won't be anything going on in the way of theater or concerts. Aside from that, there's Fort Ouiatenon, if you'd like to check out some modest exhibits of life in pioneer days. If this were fall, it would be time for the Feast of the Hunter's Moon and there'd be some re-enactments and stuff going on, but not so much now. Parks and trails, I'm not so sure about, since I was last at school there in 1976 and have been back only a few times; I live over on the other side of the state, near Fort Wayne. It should be easy to find the parks and trails online, I would think. Truth to tell, it's a small industrial city with lots of corn-and-beans agriculture around it, and not much of a destination place. "A bad place to visit, but you might want to live there" kind of thing. Are you planning to do sex work while you're there?
There is a family issue I have take care up there. If i can get some work great. If not, that's okay. JUst curious as to what is there.
Understood. Well, please let us know when you'll be there; I, for one, would certainly like to meet you, although my ability to slip away for a cross-state trip is currently pretty spotty. I don't want to give you the idea that Lafayette / West Lafayette are some sort of dead zone where nothing ever happens. There is, for example, a large and modern Subaru assembly plant in Lafayette, and across the river, there's Purdue. I enjoyed my time in school there, back in the day. But it's pretty much a place where people get on with their work and with their lives. I'm not sure that anyone ever said, "Hey, I've got a week free, I think I'll take a short vacation in Lafayette."

On the other hand, less than an hour to your southeast is Indianapolis, which is a good-sized city with the usual urban/cultural stuff to offer. And an hour-and-a-half to the northwest is Chicago, which is, you know, Chicago. So there's that.

Travel safely!
Thank you so much for the info. Perhaps are paths can cross. I am now in Lafayette and will be here until thursday.
I will be going to Indianpolis tomorrow to eat at the slippery noodle.
Welcome to Indiana.Good place to promote business before you get here.
Thank you so much for the info. Perhaps are paths can cross. I am now in Lafayette and will be here until thursday.
I will be going to Indianpolis tomorrow to eat at the slippery noodle. Originally Posted by Victoria Columbari
Thank you, ma'am, for letting me know ... I regret that I definitely can't get away this week. I hope that your Slippery Noodle experience is a good one. I've never been there, but I do hear good things. Maybe I can catch up with you in Austin before too long. I usually get to make a late-autumn trip to Texas, to ride in the Tour de Gruene and do Wurstfest, down New Braunfels way. I wish you well as you travel!
Hi fancy and thank you for the warm welcome. I never did get to the slippery noodle. I have had a lot to do here in Lafayette w family. I am leaving tomorrow at lunch time. I didn't get to do some of the trails i wanted but i will hopefully be coming this way again in August.
Hi fancy and thank you for the warm welcome. I never did get to the slippery noodle. I have had a lot to do here in Lafayette w family. I am leaving tomorrow at lunch time. I didn't get to do some of the trails i wanted but i will hopefully be coming this way again in August. Originally Posted by Victoria Columbari
No problem.Keep up good job promoting business.