Posting Provider Phone Number Without Permission?

In my region's forum, a hobbiest posted a provider's phone number publicly in a thread without her permission. Does this violate the forum guidelines? Just asking.

----------------------------------------------

#5 - Outing or threats of outing are taken seriously. Membership here is anonymous and for the privacy of our members it will remain that way. That means any effort or attempt to connect a person's real world information to their username on this board will be dealt with swiftly and harshly. This includes real names, employment, medical info, addresses past or present, images, criminal or driving record, etc. We expect everyone who participates here to respect and go to great lengths to protect the anonymity and privacy of one another. Reckless disregard or accidental outing will also be taken very seriously.

Source of this rule found here: https://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5
They typically post the phone numbers in their ads, and those are also posted in reviews. If it were their home phone number that could quickly be traced to their rw name and address, that would be a different story.
This provider only gives her number through PM or email. Not in public for all to see, because she doesn't want every Tom, Dick, and Harry calling/texting her.
I would report the post to the moderator immediately to have that info. removed from the post. Hit the RTM button located at the left under your avatar info. It looks like a white triangle outlined in RED with an exclamation point in the middle.
That's the problem. It has been reported to our region's moderator, and they refused to do anything about it.

It makes me uneasy because what's to stop a provider from posting MY number in a public forum for LE to see?
UPDATE - It looks like her number has NOW been edited. But, it was online for probably a good two days before anyone had done so. The damage may have been done. :/
I had someone post reviews outside of here w/my #; I found out when people starting contacting me from site's I'd never heard of , after I found out I contacted him asked him to try to get it removed and he did it was an honest mistake.. Thankfully it wasn't my Private #
That's the problem. It has been reported to our region's moderator, and they refused to do anything about it.

It makes me uneasy because what's to stop a provider from posting MY number in a public forum for LE to see? Originally Posted by BulldogCountry
Wow, that really sucks. What was their initial reason for refusing to do anything...thats horrible. I'd be livid. Not at the client because accidents happen, but at the initial inconsideration of not cooperating -especially right now w/ everything thats going on. Not cool
Oh well.
A provider I saw contacted my wife. She apparently didn't like it when I wouldn't give her an extra $100. I stupidly left my wallet in my pants [I hid my money], and she got my info. What should I do about this?
Divorce attorney?
Probably. However aren't there rules against a provider doing this? How can any of us feel safe?

what's to stop a provider from posting MY number in a public forum for LE to see? Originally Posted by BulldogCountry
Do you not use a burner phone?