Who's watching the money?

Several sources, most from the business world, put out articles recently about the current annual Federal deficit. The Federal annual deficit for 2018 will be larger than any since 2012
.I found little or no mention of this among the major news sources both on the left and right. I would like to see a real discussion about this. Not name calling back and forth.
But about why this is happening and why people do not seem nearly concerned about the deficit now as they did 8 years ago.
Several sources, most from the business world, put out articles recently about the current annual Federal deficit. The Federal annual deficit for 2018 will be larger than any since 2012
.I found little or no mention of this among the major news sources both on the left and right. I would like to see a real discussion about this. Not name calling back and forth.
But about why this is happening and why people do not seem nearly concerned about the deficit now as they did 8 years ago. Originally Posted by rio27feb2018

Look at TrumpPutins business history. Lots to be found in his 3,000 plus lawsuits. He borrows money and then doesn't pay it back. All the TrumPutin personal debt is foreign debt. No American banks will loan him money. Why would he run the country any different.

He actually suggested defaulting on our current debt and "negotiating" Hes a deadbeat
Don't need to watch it.
The US Treasury can print as much as they need.
  • WTF
  • 03-17-2018, 08:06 AM
. Originally Posted by rio27feb2018
This is absolutely amazing....Tea Party Republicans and their supporters (many posters in this forum) are hypocrites.

We are good economic times, a time when you should be paying down the debt , yet we are increasing it at record numbers....yet not a word from these Tea Nuts. JDCornhole will not say anything. TheDaliLama will sit on his ass and talk about how great My Lai was.
Don't need to watch it.
The US Treasury can print as much as they need. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
yes, they can but it comes at the cost of US purchasing power.
  • WTF
  • 03-17-2018, 03:35 PM
yes, they can but it comes at the cost of US purchasing power. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
But the wealthy who got the majority of the tax cuts will come out ahead. The ignorant Tea Party Trump voters who are getting the crumbs will be the losers!
This is absolutely amazing....Tea Party Republicans and their supporters (many posters in this forum) are hypocrites.

We are good economic times, a time when you should be paying down the debt , yet we are increasing it at record numbers....yet not a word from these Tea Nuts. JDCornhole will not say anything. TheDaliLama will sit on his ass and talk about how great My Lai was. Originally Posted by WTF
I don't know JDs work that well, but the Drama Lama is a total fraud. I think hes a welfare baby and has a poverty consciousness
All the TrumPutin personal debt is foreign debt. No American banks will loan him money. Why would he run the country any different. Originally Posted by themystic
You're an idiot. All of the major US banks made both business and personal loans to Trump back in the '70s, '80s, '90s and early 2000s. Today his main personal banker is Deutsche Bank. They market their services aggressively to high net worth individuals, in the US and globally.

By far the bulk of our outstanding US Treasury debt is held by domestic institutions and investors. That's not about to change, under Trump or any future President.

Keep flaunting your ignorance, missed dick. It's entertaining to see there are actually people out there as stupid as you are.
You're an idiot. All of the major US banks made both business and personal loans to Trump back in the '70s, '80s, '90s and early 2000s. Today his main personal banker is Deutsche Bank. They market their services aggressively to high net worth individuals, in the US and globally.

By far the bulk of our outstanding US Treasury debt is held by domestic institutions and investors. That's not about to change, under Trump or any future President.

Keep flaunting your ignorance, missed dick. It's entertaining to see there are actually people out there as stupid as you are. Originally Posted by lustylad
I notice you stopped at the early 2000. So what happen bro? Its a well know fact that the Ruskies are the TrumPutin meal ticket.

DTP Jr Quote

“In terms of high-end product influx into the U.S., Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. . . . We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia,” said the young Trump, according to a Sept. 15, 2008, article about the conference. He said he had made a half-dozen trips to Russia during the previous 18 months.
I notice you stopped at the early 2000. So what happen (sic) bro?

Don't call me "bro". My guess is Trump still has some of his business with US banks, even if they are no longer his primary lenders. Deutsche Bank probably outbid them by offering better rates, fewer doc requirements, less onerous covenants, etc.

Its (sic) a well know (sic) fact that the Ruskies are the TrumPutin meal ticket.

What the fuck does that mean, you talking point robo-tard?

It's a well-known fact that anyone who begins a statement with "it's a well-known fact..." is a dipshit who can't corroborate or substantiate anything.

DTP Jr Quote

“In terms of high-end product influx into the U.S., Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. . . . We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia,” said the young Trump, according to a Sept. 15, 2008, article about the conference. He said he had made a half-dozen trips to Russia during the previous 18 months.

Trump Jr. was referring to individuals buying high-end condo units in Trump buildings in places like Dubai and New York. He was not talking about personal or business or real estate project lenders. You're too stupid to grasp the difference.
Originally Posted by themystic

Think before you post, douchebag.

Your link is from 2008. That's way back before hildebeest's failed Russian "reset". And it looks like the Trump family was too smart to do a deal. Despite all the talk about a Trump project in Moscow, it never happened. If you read the entire Trump Jr. quote from your link, it is apparent why...

"...it is definitely not an issue of being able to find a deal – but an issue of ‘Will I ever see my money back out of that deal or can I actually trust the person I am doing the deal with?’ As much as we want to take our business over there, Russia is just a different world. Though the legal structure is in place... it is a question of who knows who, whose brother is paying off who, etc.,” Trump said, adding, “It really is a scary place.”

Even a decade ago, it was obvious odumbo and hildebeest trusted the Russians more than Trumpy did.
Think before you post, douchebag.

Your link is from 2008. That's way back before hildebeest's failed Russian "reset". And it looks like the Trump family was too smart to do a deal. Despite all the talk about a Trump project in Moscow, it never happened. If you read the entire Trump Jr. quote from your link, it is apparent why...

"...it is definitely not an issue of being able to find a deal – but an issue of ‘Will I ever see my money back out of that deal or can I actually trust the person I am doing the deal with?’ As much as we want to take our business over there, Russia is just a different world. Though the legal structure is in place... it is a question of who knows who, whose brother is paying off who, etc.,” Trump said, adding, “It really is a scary place.”

Even a decade ago, it was obvious odumbo and hildebeest trusted the Russians more than Trumpy did.
Originally Posted by lustylad
Look Bro if you ever give up your gig as a homebody nobody you could fill in for Sarah Sanders. You are both relentless liars. Are you related to my Father in Law Lexy Liar? He is the Father of Lies

You are a moronic idiot
Look Bro if you ever give up your gig as a homebody nobody you could fill in for Sarah Sanders. You are both relentless liars. Are you related to my Father in Law Lexy Liar? He is the Father of Lies

You are a moronic idiot Originally Posted by themystic
I'm not your Bro, dipshit. Nice meltdown, though. Each time you make a meek, failed attempt to say something substantive, you get smacked down and immediately revert to lame insult mode. Your emotional IQ is even lower than your intellectual IQ, hard as that is to believe. Find something less frustrating to do with your life, loser.
  • WTF
  • 03-17-2018, 05:27 PM

. Originally Posted by lustylad
The question is why is the debt growing in economic good times?
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gover...203654548.html
Washington is set to return to annual budget deficits of $1 trillion or more. The only other time this happened was from 2009 to 2012, as a bad recession hit, tax revenue plunged and Congress passed aggressive stimulus programs to mitigate the damage. Annual deficits fell after that, hitting $438 billion in 2015. In the last complete fiscal year, the deficit was $666 billion.
Deficits are going much higher—and this time, there’s no recession. In fact, the economy’s in good shape. Still, the tax cuts signed by President Trump at the end of 2017, along with a big new boost in military and domestic spending, will send annual deficits soaring to close to $1 trillion in 2018, and probably beyond $1 trillion in 2019 and 2020.
I'm not your Bro, dipshit. Nice meltdown, though. Each time you make a meek, failed attempt to say something substantive, you get smacked down and immediately revert to lame insult mode. Your emotional IQ is even lower than your intellectual IQ, hard as that is to believe. Find something less frustrating to do with your life, loser. Originally Posted by lustylad
We aren't Bros anymore? That's to bad. I thought since you were a big TrumPutin Christian and all, well you know all that stuff about loving one another. Is that all BS bro?
Look at TrumpPutins business history. Lots to be found in his 3,000 plus lawsuits. He borrows money and then doesn't pay it back. All the TrumPutin personal debt is foreign debt. No American banks will loan him money. Why would he run the country any different.

He actually suggested defaulting on our current debt and "negotiating" Hes a deadbeat Originally Posted by themystic
When you're worth 9 Billion do you really need a loan? Think about it.

Jim