Chinese Racism against Africans

• DSK
  • 07-04-2016, 04:48 PM
The African migrants giving up on the Chinese dream

Guangzhou, ChinaThe heart of Little Africa -- or Chocolate City, as it has been dubbed by some -- is not easy to locate without a tip-off.

At the foot of an unremarkable tunnel, peeling off the busy Little North Road, in Guangzhou, stands a place that just two years ago was totally unlike the rest of China.
Angolan women carried bin bags of shopping on their heads, Somali men in long robes peddled currency exchange, Uygur restaurateurs slaughtered lamb on the street, Congolese merchants ordered wholesale underwear from Chinese-run shops, Nigerian men hit the Africa Bar for a Tsingtao and plate of jollof rice.
Dengfeng -- a previously quiet urban village, or chengzhongcun, in central Guangzhou -- had been electrified by migration, both from internal Chinese migrants and those from Africa.
By 2012, as many as 100,000 Sub-Saharan Africans had flocked to Guangzhou, according to Professor Adams Bodomo's book "Africans in China" -- if true, it would have been the largest African expat community in Asia -- all chasing the same dream of getting rich in China.
Today, that dream is fading -- if not finished.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/26/asia/a...angzhou-china/
OK. So what's your point?
  • DSK
  • 07-05-2016, 08:23 AM
OK. So what's your point? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Every people group prefers their own kind, and we would all be better off if we quit forcing shit down people's throats in the name of saving them from their shortcomings.
when I visited Tokyo some years ago, I was struck by the sight of a few Africans who looked to be street hustling, much like one would see in Chicago or Oakland.

I'm going to stop here before I get in trouble, LOL..
  • DSK
  • 07-05-2016, 10:05 AM
when I visited Tokyo some years ago, I was struck by the sight of a few Africans who looked to be street hustling, much like one would see in Chicago or Oakland.

I'm going to stop here before I get in trouble, LOL.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Go ahead, we are all friends here...
So which "kind" describes Americans, JL?