Affordable computer repair

I can fix any computer problems that you have and give you a warranty. Please contact me and we can workout something.
Houston Location.

nguluni
I have a DNS issue that I can't seem to solve via GPO. I recently brought a DC online to replace an outdated server. I checked ARP and all that, nothing. Thoughts?
Good news. I got it fixed. Now, let's move onto BES. It seems since moving to Exchange 2010 SP1 (windows 2008 r2 x64 server), Microsoft must have removed UDP. Now BES won't pass messages unless I set the users to static agents and even then, some of their blackberries don't check in. I checked the exchange management shell and using the Get-ThrottlingPolicy BESPolicy command confirms the appropriate values were set to $NULL. I updated to the latest MAPI files on BES.

Any thoughts ngulini? I figure since you can fix computers and all...
I need help with my browser, I use Lynx and I can get to websites but it does not display images.
any clues?
  • thx
  • 03-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Meoauniaea, fwiw, I have been reading that there is issues with various android devices connecting to exchange 2010 sp1. I am suspecting that some surprises await you on the blackberry side too. good luck!
Ok I am a fucking genius. I have fixed DNS on our new domain controllers and now have fixed BES. Turns out some clown had sent a corrupt BMP file as an attachment. It was crashing image.dll. When a module crashes 10 times in a row, the controller service stops and will not start for 24 hours. This explains why manually rebooting or restarting the service manually would fix it temporarily until it would hit that one file.

Either way, I configured it to use LDAP instead of MAPI for name lookups. Also set calender services for use with EWS. We're good to go.

As for the Android devices, they are garbage when it comes to real business work. They don't support NTLM authentication. That is crucial when it comes to certain online services. However as a no serious business tool and customization, they are nice phones.
Ok I am a fucking genius. I have fixed DNS on our new domain controllers and now have fixed BES. Turns out some clown had sent a corrupt BMP file as an attachment. It was crashing image.dll. When a module crashes 10 times in a row, the controller service stops and will not start for 24 hours. This explains why manually rebooting or restarting the service manually would fix it temporarily until it would hit that one file.

Either way, I configured it to use LDAP instead of MAPI for name lookups. Also set calender services for use with EWS. We're good to go.

As for the Android devices, they are garbage when it comes to real business work. They don't support NTLM authentication. That is crucial when it comes to certain online services. However as a no serious business tool and customization, they are nice phones. Originally Posted by Meoauniaea
I know several business's that use Droid phones in their work.. its nice to NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THE BES licenses.

Funny how open source is cheaper
I know several business's that use Droid phones in their work.. its nice to NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THE BES licenses.

Funny how open source is cheaper Originally Posted by Spirit13
Sure is, especially when they:

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/n...nerability.ars
Meoaunia,
you are probably encountering RCAMaxConcurrency value of 20's, which can are cause random BlackBerry smartphones to fail to start.
you may want to create a new throttling policy that does not limit concurrent connections to the Microsoft Exchange Server
spirit, you still having issues?
Meoaunia,
you are probably encountering RCAMaxConcurrency value of 20's, which can are cause random BlackBerry smartphones to fail to start.
you may want to create a new throttling policy that does not limit concurrent connections to the Microsoft Exchange Server Originally Posted by nguluni

Get-ThrottlingPolicy BESPolicy showed all values at $NULL. However I already fixed the issue. The issue was the messaging agent and image.dll.