Plastic Zip-ties

Has anyone used plastic zip-ties in a BDSM bondage senario?
Specifically, what is the most preferred configuration of usage?

I want to be able to direct my Mistress as we experiment.

Thanks!
Don't recommend them. They have very sharp edges that cut flesh easily. Show up to the ER with cuts on both wrists and they will treat it as an attempted suicide and 72 hour involuntary commitment, here we go....
Don't recommend them. They have very sharp edges that cut flesh easily. Show up to the ER with cuts on both wrists and they will treat it as an attempted suicide and 72 hour involuntary commitment, here we go.... Originally Posted by Anonymous01
If zip ties looked like attempted suicide...then every gangbanger or protester arrested would be in a rubber room. That's ridiculous.
If zip ties looked like attempted suicide...then every gangbanger or protester arrested would be in a rubber room. That's ridiculous. Originally Posted by texassapper

People who don't know the difference between LE only Flex-Cuffs (go ahead, look them up) and zip ties. Flex cuffs have very rounded edges that won't cut into the skin. They also have two fine stainless steel wires molded into them so they can't be cut with common tools, such as scissors or a knife. A heavy duty set of wire pliers will do it, or the dedicated cutter that comes with every package. Wire Strippers generally won't work

You should try your own field test.

Please report back your subjective qualitative findings on the Flex Cuff experience versus the zip tie experience... curious minds want to know.....
Google image search
Not all zip ties are the same and it also depends on how they are going to be used. There are some larger ones that don't have really sharp edges. Regardless there is a pretty good chance they will leave some marks if you are binding someone tight enough they can't slip out of them. Whether that is a problem or not depends on the person you are playing with them on.

I've had my hands zip tied behind my back as part of a scene. They weren't circulation cutting tight but tight enough that I couldn't easily slip out of them and they left my wrists sore. I zip tied the girl I played with a few times too usually at her wrists and ankles.

One of the main issues is if you get the longer ones that spread any force applied out onto a larger surface area of skin then you have long tails sticking out. If you clip the tails off then it usually leaves a sharp edge where you cut the tail off that can cut or rub skin raw.

It was fun and exciting to try them and it is different than using rope or another material to tie someone. As always, if you try them or any bondage make sure you have a good pair of safety/first-aid shears in case something goes wrong.
Just purchase the soft easy to get out of handcuffs at the adult store. $10.