Anybody else getting rebates on Auto Insuarance/Cable bills

I've gotten rebates the last three months from my auto insurance. About 15%.

No rebates from cable which I don't understand. The MLB season has been essentially cancelled. The NBA hasn't played for several months and I wouldn't count on it restarting quite yet. March Madness and other NCAA events were canceled and/or shortened.

Cable TV has made the argument that ESPN and other sports broadcasting has always made the bulk of their cost. If so, where's my rebate?
I've gotten rebates the last three months from my auto insurance. About 15%.

No rebates from cable which I don't understand. The MLB season has been essentially cancelled. The NBA hasn't played for several months and I wouldn't count on it restarting quite yet. March Madness and other NCAA events were canceled and/or shortened.

Cable TV has made the argument that ESPN and other sports broadcasting has always made the bulk of their cost. If so, where's my rebate? Originally Posted by gnadfly
I got a 1 time rebate on the auto insurance last month equating to about 15% of the previous three months premiums. Not sure if they are planning any more, but I don't think so.

As for cable, they actually jacked my rates up and I had to call and bitch. They readjusted and I inquired regarding the assistance and free cable they were offering to those who were either behind on their bills or didn't have it and needed wi-fi. They said that didn't apply to existing on-time paying customers. I said I'd call back again in a month after I miss my upcoming payment. They were not amused, but wouldn't budge. I wish I had a good alternative, but they have my area by the balls for service.
  • oeb11
  • 06-14-2020, 04:08 PM
The FIOS cable providers do have a monopoly on services - and are sure to let their paying customers know of their hold on the market

They are worse than the Trusts in the days of Rockefeller ever were.
The FIOS cable providers do have a monopoly on services - and are sure to let their paying customers know of their hold on the market

They are worse than the Trusts in the days of Rockefeller ever were. Originally Posted by oeb11
Not sure why cable rates be down since everyone staying home using it. But I don't have cable I have no cable going into the Cross cycle an the cable. I not required by law to cable when american becomes communist country and force into the it suck.
My cable TV rate (googletv) subscription is up. My ISP is up slightly since I upgraded plans.

I'm talking about content providers, not necessarily service providers.
Not sure why cable rates be down since everyone staying home using it. But I don't have cable I have no cable going into the Cross cycle an the cable. I not required by law to cable when american becomes communist country and force into the it suck. Originally Posted by Ripmany

What he said!
On my auto insurance, yes, these past few months...but that has now ended.
What he said! Originally Posted by HedonistForever

Joe "Finger Bang's" new media advisor maybe?
No, but I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to GEICO.
Auto insurance ... modest rebate .... television/internet/phone ... up .... land line & hard wired.