Book Club!

Elisabeth suggested we begin a dedicated thread for this topic, so here goes...

Who wants to get sexy-geeky and have a kinky book club with us!? Don't everyone rush to join all at once I didn't have anything too formal in mind, but would love a chance to discuss the more intellectual side of kink and fetish with open-minded friends here. Fiction or non-fiction suggestions are both welcome.

Who's in?
Elisabeth is raising her hand!

I bet a lot of people are interested but it's hard to know exactly what the first steps should be. Still thinking myself. Anyone?

Hugs,
Elisabeth
Sounds like a brilliant idea my dear. I'm in.
  • ztonk
  • 03-15-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm interested, of course. How many do we need for a quorum?
Of course it's up to Sophie, but as far as I'm concerned we can start now!!!

Elisabeth
Elisabeth, I don't know if you've had the pleasure of meeting Ztonk or Miguel, but they're both very charming gentlemen. I ordered Whip Smart on Amazon! It will be here soon. Can we start with that?
As I said in another thread, I'm in!! I've already read "The Crimson Petal and the White" if you want to discuss Sugar. I'll order "Whip Smart" immediately. Are we going to create a Wiki for this or just share in the "Realm"?

Thanks for the idea!!!
Elisabeth, I don't know if you've had the pleasure of meeting Ztonk or Miguel, but they're both very charming gentlemen. I ordered Whip Smart on Amazon! It will be here soon. Can we start with that? Originally Posted by Miss Sophie Bella
Wow. Thank you for the online introduction. Hello Ztonk and Miquel! Just thinking that the book club group consisting of mostly Austin folks makes me wish to go back and visit there soon! I have a few friends that I need to reconnect with.

Back on topic. I'll order "Whip Smart" online as soon as I push the send button here!

I'll echo jsparrow's questions, sortof. What's next? I would like to discuss the book here but I'm open to suggestions, of course!

Yours,
Elisabeth
I'll have the book on Wednesday. So I'll be ready to begin then!!! (Thank goodness for Amazon Prime!)

Elisabeth
....execution is pretty easy:

*one book/month
*publish titles at least 3 months out
*once a title gets what seems to be acceptance, add it to the list. don't complicate the process by trying to be too democratic
*assign an "owner" to each title & he/she comes up with a discussion guide/conversation starter for that book & starts a thread for that book
* see how things transpire. only requirement is posters in thread must have read the book - no drive-bys.

keep things simple
You can do the book club here in postings, or you can agree on a time and do it in the chat room.
I would like to be in on this sexy book of the month club.
I will try to get ahold of it asap.
Bought my copy at B&N yesterday. 100 pages so far. Ready to start talking about Melissa?
I'm not quite to page 100 but I can certainly discuss Melissa. Right now, I'm still not getting the base emotion of her character. She does seem just a little spoiled.

Her current addictions that I'm reading about run pretty much what I know of how an addict would act. I AM enjoying some of the "scenes" that she describes so far. And learned a few things. Hadn't thought of bending a man's legs up so when he orgasms, he can shoot in his own mouth.

I do wonder how feasible that is for most guys to do, though?

So far, the descriptions are well done. What else?

I'm not getting into plot development much, yet.

I'm finding it, also, hard to stay interested in the story but that could just be my mood yesterday.

Still, so far it's well written and uses good vocabulary. Anyone else?

Elisabeth

P.S. Thanks altcomedy for your input!!! Why don't you stay around for awhile?