Botched execution in Ok

Well it looks like Oklahoma inadvertently brought the capital punishment issue to the forefront (yet again). Am I the only one that is totally ambivalent on this issue? Looking at this from space its easy to say that revenge should not be part of our justice system, that society as a whole is just as much to blame for crime as the criminals themselves, and that irrespective of the crime our government should take the proverbial high road and abolish capital punishment.
I worked for my firm in that state a couple years ago & honestly it is ass backward! Makes Mississippi look good! Makes Liverpool look good--& that is the worst place in the U.K. to live. IMHO capital punishment is barbaric! Put em sell on an island with Ebola I say... Freedom plus pain=brilliant!
Gee, that is so awful.......for the people that saw it.
They should have had a Veterinarian do it .
Way more botched abortions than executions....it's funny how liberals get upset over "botched" executions, but ignore botched abortions.
I see you lived through yours.
I see you lived through yours. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
LOL

How many states still allow capital punishment?
Not enough................

LOL

How many states still allow capital punishment? Originally Posted by Don't Be Daft!
Is still think putting em all on an island is the best policy. This time one with no technological advances;-)
you are in good company; bill o'reily thinks the same........isolated cold area, with mandatory heavy labor...no visitors.....sounds like the gulags of Russia or DNK....

Is still think putting em all on an island is the best policy. This time one with no technological advances;-) Originally Posted by Don't Be Daft!
Way more botched abortions than executions....it's funny how liberals get upset over "botched" executions, but ignore botched abortions. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Oh wait, I am invoking the Whirlytard "Start your own thread rule" if you want to bleat about abortions. Fucking knucklehead.
bill o'reily thinks the same........isolated cold area, with mandatory heavy labor...no visitors.....sounds like the gulags of Russia or DNK.... Originally Posted by Whirlaway

That is the perfect example as to why Trendy (the Commie Sympathizer) supports the concept of slave labor.
I don't understand why they just don't shoot the condemned. Double-tap to the temple with a .45 ACP. Quick, painless, cheap and 100% effective.

That said, this thing in Oklahoma is disturbing. Regardless of your views on capital punishment, I think everybody with an IQ above 70 can agree that executions need to be done quickly in order to minimize suffering. I think I read it took 45 minutes for this guy to die.

However, anybody that thinks this is going to change anything in Texas or any other state that routinely puts inmates to death is dreaming.
Timpage....Do YOU want to be the one who pulls the trigger? Would YOU have done that twice in one night?
We have numerous "Hang Trees" still standing here in Oklahoma. And I know that you do there in Texas too. Judge Parkers gallows is still in Fort Smith, still works too.
Well (sigh) we tried with Australia...