Comey

Trump hints at jail time after Comey says ‘I was wrong’ about FISA process
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...i-wrong-085542
Former FBI Director James Comey on Sunday said he was “wrong” about the bureau’s use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act in the Russia investigation, prompting President Donald Trump to question whether jail time was warranted for the director he fired in 2017.

Last week, the Justice Department’s inspector general, Michael Horowitz, released a report on the 2016 origins of the investigation and testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee, detailing 17 significant errors and omissions in the FISA process as the FBI was filing its application for the surveillance of former Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

Story Continued Below
“He’s right, I was wrong,” Comey told host Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday.” “I was overconfident in the procedures that the FBI and Justice had built over 20 years. I thought they were robust enough. It’s incredibly hard to get a FISA.”

Story Continued Below
“He’s right: There was real sloppiness,” Comey added.

A few hours later, Trump seized on those comments and said the former director had been “caught red handed.”

“So now Comey’s admitting he was wrong,” the president wrote on Twitter. “Wow, but he’s only doing so because he got caught red handed. He was actually caught a long time ago. So what are the consequences for his unlawful conduct. Could it be years in jail? Where are the apologies to me and others, Jim?”

Trump also went after Horowitz, who has served as inspector general since 2012.

“As bad as the I.G. Report is for the FBI and others, and it is really bad, remember that I.G. Horowitz was appointed by Obama,” Trump tweeted. “There was tremendous bias and guilt exposed, so obvious, but Horowitz couldn’t get himself to say it. Big credibility loss. Obama knew everything!”

Peter Strzok
LEGAL

Here are the Russia probe conspiracy theories debunked by the DOJ inspector general report
BY CAITLIN OPRYSKO

In the Fox News interview, Wallace said Comey was behaving as if he were a bystander and witness to the investigation rather than the former director of the FBI. Comey took responsibility for the role he played in the FISA missteps and said he was in sync with the approach of the bureau’s current director, Christopher Wray.

Story Continued Below
“Sure, I’m responsible. That’s why I’m telling you I was wrong,” Comey said. “I was overconfident as director in our procedures, and it’s important that a leader be accountable and transparent. If I was still director, I’d be saying exactly the same thing Chris Wray is saying, which is, ‘Are we going to get to the bottom of this?’ Because the most important question is: is it systemic? Are their problems in other cases?”

Wallace further pressed Comey on his characterization of the role of the so-called Steele dossier, a collection of raw intelligence that a former British agent, Christopher Steele, collected on the Trump campaign in 2016. While Comey had previously said the dossier was just part of the larger puzzle, Horowitz argued that it played a central role.

“I’m not sure he and I are saying different things,” Comey told Wallace. “What his report says is that the FBI thought it was a close call until they got the Steele report, put that additional information in and that tipped it over to be probable cause. It’s a long FISA application and includes Steele material and a lot of other things. I don’t think we’re saying different things.”
  • oeb11
  • 12-16-2019, 04:30 PM
I hope comey meets a steel cell!
  • WTF
  • 12-16-2019, 04:34 PM
CuteOldGuy would be creaming in his panties!

.��
  • oeb11
  • 12-16-2019, 04:36 PM
ftw isn't "screaming in his panties"???
Comey, on Sunday, said there were worse things going on at the FBI during his years than FISA abuse!!! He actually said that and he demands transparency!!!!!!! He certainly is living in an alternate universe.
Alternates universe? Like the one where Trumps chiefs of staff admits to the quidsspro quo and nobody gives a shits? LOLLING a you interchangeable partsy!
Jimmy Conehead was wrong

'He was right, I was wrong': Former FBI Director James Comey says he was wrong to defend FBI's use of the FISA surveillance process

https://www.businessinsider.com/jame...s-fisa-2019-12

• Former FBI Director James Comey on Sunday said he was wrong to defend the bureau's use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act process when applying for a warrant to surveil Carter Page, a foreign-policy aide on the 2016 Trump campaign.

• His statements marked a reversal from last week, when he said a Justice Department inspector general's report on the origins of the Russia investigation exonerated the FBI of wrongdoing.

• In fact, the report revealed that there were 17 "significant errors and omissions" in the FISA applications involving Page.

• "He was right, I was wrong," Comey told the Fox News host Chris Wallace, referring to the Justice Department's inspector general, Michael Horowitz, who wrote the report. "I was overconfident, as director, in our procedures."

Former FBI Director James Comey said on "Fox News Sunday" that he was wrong to defend the bureau's use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act process when applying for a warrant to monitor Carter Page, a foreign-policy aide on the 2016 Trump campaign.

His statements marked a reversal from last week, when Comey said the report from the Justice Department's inspector general, Michael Horowitz, on the origins of the Russia investigation exonerated the FBI of wrongdoing.

"He was right, I was wrong," Comey told the Fox News host Chris Wallace. "I was overconfident, as director, in our procedures. And it's important that a leader be accountable and transparent. If I were still director, I'd be saying the same thing that [FBI Director Christopher Wray] is saying, which is that we are going to get to the bottom of this, because the most important question is, is it systemic? Are there problems in other cases?"
—FoxNewsSunday (@FoxNewsSunday) December 15, 2019
Horowitz's report found that the internal investigation into the FBI's Russia investigation found 17 "significant errors and omissions" in the bureau's FISA applications involving Page.

"These errors and omissions resulted from case agents providing wrong or incomplete information" to the Justice Department National Security Division's Office of Intelligence and "failing to flag important issues for discussion," the report said.

Horowitz also found that an FBI employee no longer working at the bureau doctored an email to make it appear as if Page wasn't a source for another government agency. Had the FISA court been aware of this, it might have been exculpatory for Page.

Testifying before Congress last week, the inspector general didn't mince words, saying there were "significant, serious failures" on the FBI's part when applying for the warrant to surveil Page.

Asked whether his report vindicated Comey, Horowitz replied, "It doesn't vindicate anyone at the FBI who touched this, including the leadership."

Comey on Sunday downplayed the role of the so-called Steele dossier in the FBI's obtaining a FISA warrant to monitor Page. The Steele dossier is an explosive collection of memos alleging collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. The information in it is still largely unverified.

Comey said the dossier was "not a huge part of the presentation to the court," though he acknowledged that "it was the one that convinced the lawyers to move forward."

His statements seem to align with what Horowitz's report detailed with respect to the dossier's relevance.

"We determined that the Crossfire Hurricane team's receipt of Steele's election reporting on September 19, 2016 played a central and essential role in the FBI's and Department's decision to seek the FISA order," the report said. Crossfire Hurricane was the FBI's code name for the Russia investigation.

Horowitz found that one portion of the first FISA application alleging possible coordination between Page the Russians on the 2016 campaign "relied entirely on" information from the Steele dossier.

Comey on Sunday said he hadn't misrepresented the relevance of the Steele dossier in the Page FISA application process, but he added that "if I was, then I'm sorry that I did that."
Comey, on Sunday, said there were worse things going on at the FBI during his years than FISA abuse!!! He actually said that and he demands transparency!!!!!!! He certainly is living in an alternate universe. Originally Posted by bambino
You live in a pig sty. Because you’re a pig.
On some YouTube video, former mobster Michael Franzese said he was framed by Comey. Comey is a total piece of worthless shit but he will never be charged
On some YouTube video, former mobster Michael Franzese said he was framed by Comey. Comey is a total piece of worthless shit but he will never be charged Originally Posted by Stockinglover

this one ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpCqtz40tAc
You live in a pig sty. Because you’re a pig. Originally Posted by bambino

you called yourself a pig????
On some YouTube video, former mobster Michael Franzese said he was framed by Comey. Comey is a total piece of worthless shit but he will never be charged Originally Posted by Stockinglover
Mueller had a US Senator framed and suffered no consequences for it!

At least Comey is starting to lose that serene "I did nothing inappropriate" facade when doing interviews.

IMO it's not only that these guys are not held accountable but they are hiding behind the "we followed the process" line and they didn't follow the process. Only because they checked some boxes, they can say they "followed the process." When the whistleblowers was denied, they changed the process to accommodate him.
you called yourself a pig???? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
No, I meant that for AssDummer. Everyone but you knew it.
Top LE in the country I said this before Sloppiness = Corruption in this case Lying is Corruption I know the TDS people don't want to hear BUT it is what it is ,,,
comey, the ultimate self-righteous fraud

some of my favorite tweets of his

"But justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream,"

it's from the book of amos

of course he was applying the need for justice against other people

"'If you want truth to go round the world you must hire an express train to pull it; but if you want a lie to go round the world, it will fly; it is light as a feather and a breath will carry it,'"

that was copying a quote from a sermon from the 19th century

and then there was the book he wrote:

"a higher loyalty, truth, lies and leadership"

but now with the ig report, he first claimed vindication

but now he says its all the underlings fault, he was relying on procedures, and no one told him

what happened to his great leadership? what a fraud