Lunch Places?

I wondered if anyone has a neighborhood bar with some beer on tap and a decent burger/fries or other food available? Not talking about a Chili's. I am looking for a place with regulars, good bartender, some laughs and a good time. You see them all over in other "big" cities but here is seems I cannot find one. I would be interested in how people respond.

Charlie Brown's on Starcrest.

http://www.charlie-browns.com/
The Cove. But no hard liquor I know of.
Bicycle Club, Willie's, Josephine Street, Good Time Charlie's, The Esquire Tavern, Max and Louies New York Diner, Tycoon Flats, and Broadway 5050. All really good burgers and serve drinks.
Which part of town did you have in mind?
210 Pizza And Burgers. Yum!
I think it's off Culebra and 410. Or near
Broadway / 410 would be my preference but I would travel for the right place.
Broadway / 410 would be my preference but I would travel for the right place. Originally Posted by jfanork
Yep, check out my list above. All in that area or a few a little further. Not much though. Some just further south.

I also forgot Sam's Burger Joint. Place is really a stone's throw to Josephine Street. Both just south of the saint marys area.

Cheesey Janes is also on Broadway, supposed to have a good burger. Not much for drinks, but Broadway 5050 is down the street among plenty of other bars in that area. All in that Broadway area. Magic Time Machine is close by. Signature to San Antonio. Food and drinks are decent.

Bicycle Club has a nice bar set up, and looked to have regular bar visitors there. Burger was really good too. Had some nice seating around the bar as well for a more relaxed feel if you'd prefer a sofa or nice chair. Another Saint Marys area place.

Esquire Tavern would be my choice to drink regularly while their burger is fantastic also. Amazing drink menu. They are downtown, but so worth the extra drive. Have taken hobby dates there.

I've tried them all and recommend doing so to see what your favorite is. Josephines El Rey probably my favorite. But not my favorite place to drink although they have good whiskey.
I appreciate all the advice. I have tried some of those places with some success. Esquire Tavern definitely has the right feel. I was just wondering if I am missing something.
The Esquire really surprised me with their Frito Pie.

One of the few to beat the Cafeteria Ladies.