Weather affecting bookings and cancellations

To the ladies (and male providers like me. J/K):

A couple of years ago and woman had mentioned that rainy days inccurred less bookings and caused some cancellations. Is this true for y'all? For background she was more of an hourly service provider rather than someone who offered or focused an experience of more than an hour. But it may affect all socioeconomic stratum (ohh kewl words!). So Diamonds please opine.

PS: I do screen and I'll grandfather those at a their prior rates, but no discussion of money or our session will be terminated. I am not a cheap floozy, just a floozy.

-- Hugs and kisses Floozy Boy.
I think most people who have committed to spending a few thousand dollars and several hours together aren't going to cancel when the weather is bad. Many of us see so few people that it's hard to track major patterns—like if you have four dates in a month rather than five or six, it's hard to really pin that as some sort of consequence (as opposed to having forty dates a month instead your usual of fifty or sixty).
I think most people who have committed to spending a few thousand dollars and several hours together aren't going to cancel when the weather is bad. Many of us see so few people that it's hard to track major patterns—like if you have four dates in a month rather than five or six, it's hard to really pin that as some sort of consequence (as opposed to having forty dates a month instead your usual of fifty or sixty). Originally Posted by Natalie
agree. particularly around any low volume ladies being able to speak to any changes in a statistically significant way.

now a roadside walkup business, I'm sure is very different
To the ladies (and male providers like me. J/K):

A couple of years ago and woman had mentioned that rainy days inccurred less bookings and caused some cancellations. Is this true for y'all? For background she was more of an hourly service provider rather than someone . Originally Posted by SR Only
SR Only, seeing how many ladies you consider you might be able to give us a statistically significant answer by telling us if the weather affects your booking patterns?
Sure DG, I paraphrase:
“Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep this man from his appointed rounds.”
One of the few times I ever had to cancel was as I was in transit to the meeting. I was in the left/high speed lane. Rental car in the center, and another car in the right lane. Right lane car swerves. Center car slams the side of my car to avoid the first car. I did not hit the Jersey barriers, but crunched sheet metal and plastic bits a plenty on the right side of my car. It was on one of Connecticut's interstates. And it was raining! Called the 911/state police and waited with the rental car people for an hour plus. After I called the policia, I then called my "date" to advise her that I would not be present. Not a good day. Crunched car and blue balls.
One of the few times I ever had to cancel was as I was in transit to the meeting. I was in the left/high speed lane. Rental car in the center, and another car in the right lane. Right lane car swerves. Center car slams the side of my car to avoid the first car. I did not hit the Jersey barriers, but crunched sheet metal and plastic bits a plenty on the right side of my car. It was on one of Connecticut's interstates. And it was raining! Called the 911/state police and waited with the rental car people for an hour plus. After I called the policia, I then called my "date" to advise her that I would not be present. Not a good day. Crunched car and blue balls. Originally Posted by SR Only
was this as a customer or as part of your fantasy life as "SR, Male Courtesean"?
I haven't quite set up "SR, Male Courtesan" biz yet. Any ladies wanna mentor me? LOL. Yes, paying customer, but there was no pre-pay. I think the lady understood. But as a tangent, when SR calls up to say I've just been in an accident, do you ladies think it is BS or the real thing. Obviously with a known previously seen client, it would honest. But if it was a first or second meeting?

When I saw the "SR, Male Courtesan" all I could think of was Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STeVTzWelns
I think most people who have committed to spending a few thousand dollars and several hours together aren't going to cancel when the weather is bad. ... Originally Posted by Natalie
I agree with Natalie. If changes happen, it's usually because the company changed the dates for his business trip.
The longer dinner date/multi hour type of appointments are planned out well in advance. Since changing my focus to longer dates last year I have not had any cancellations, or flakes , but if anyone ever does cancel on me because of some rain it may be time to look for a new job
The longer dinner date/multi hour type of appointments are planned out well in advance. Since changing my focus to longer dates last year I have not had any cancellations, or flakes , but if anyone ever does cancel on me because of some rain it may be time to look for a new job Originally Posted by Becky
I'm with you on that one, Becky.
This went out this week.
"To whom it may concern,
A $50.00 No Show and Last minute Cancellation fee is now in affect.
I am not quite sure why over the last couple months there has been so many no shows, last minute cancellations and not returning our phone calls to confirm for your appointments but it has gotten so out of hand that something needed to be done.
It is such a lack of respect not just to us and the girls but also to other guys who may want to meet her but can't because you didn't have the courtesy to show up for or cancel the appointment that you personally made for yourself.
Please have the courtesy to pick up a phone with enough time given so that we may re-book your time slot. If not, It will now cost you 50.00 before you can book again.
No Exceptions.
It takes a lot for us to run this company as well as we do and I owe it to the guys who do show up for their appointments to weed out the ones who don't so you have a better choice of appointment times.
The good news is, if you don't no show or cancel, this note doesn't effect you except you will be part of a much better Apres Vous in the long run,
Thank you,"

I've seen a few indies canceling tours because of no shows lately.
The longer dinner date/multi hour type of appointments are planned out well in advance. Since changing my focus to longer dates last year I have not had any cancellations, or flakes , but if anyone ever does cancel on me because of some rain it may be time to look for a new job Originally Posted by Becky
Aren't they wearing a raincoat anyway?
Aren't they wearing a raincoat anyway? Originally Posted by pjorourke
Yes, even when the sun is out
Well my honest opinion is...
Most responsible adults, prepare for everything, it's a part of nature.
So for something, like the weather, to stop them.
I would be left, to believe, they are not real serious, about showing compassion.
Especially, if someone (a client) is traveling in, from out of town.
For that matter, unless the airport close, even if, the tables are turned.