What to do if you're stuck in an airport

First learn the lyrics to Hey Jude.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQeG1kaddsw&feature=re lated"]YouTube- Stuck in Newark[/ame]

Next time they should sing, Come together (right now, over me).
Its nice to have a board with a little "Freedom"
You can take guitar strings on an airplane?
Just not piano wire with wood hand grips on each end.
That is precious, Nicolette! It brought a tear to my eye. I was curious to see if the group ended up singing the whole song so I did a little research on YouTube myself. I thought he looked familiar! His name is Josh Wilson and he is a pretty well-known Christian artist. Very cool!

I have been stuck in airports while traveling with my folk harp as carry on, but I somehow doubt that whipping it out to play "Merrily We Roll Along" (Mary Had a Little Lamb) or "Frere Jacques" would stir up the same kind of energy (I have yet to master that instrument! )
  • oden
  • 01-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Whip out the Kindle.
Just not piano wire with wood hand grips on each end. Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
Can't even take a book on a US bound flight today
Can't even take a book on a US bound flight today Originally Posted by terbul
Are you sure about that? They relaxed many of those knee-jerk guidelines within 2 or 3 days.
Read, eat, drink and / or bull shit. Or if you are me, you could be reading a book at the gate and miss the flight even though they called my name, or so the gate agent said, three times. It is really one for the record books.
Are you sure about that? They relaxed many of those knee-jerk guidelines within 2 or 3 days. Originally Posted by discreetgent
Yep, was on the CBC news today. It is to speed up security, not because of a threat. There is a very limited list of items you can take through security right now, again largely to speed up security. It's expected to be lifted soon.

Not sure why you couldn't buy a book after clearing security though.
Whip out the Kindle. Originally Posted by oden
That could get you arrested. Oh wait, you mean that book thing. Nevermind.
I post back on this after my flight Saturday (hopefully uneventful).
Or if you are me, you could be reading a book at the gate and miss the flight even though they called my name, or so the gate agent said, three times. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Well, at least now I know I'm not the only one who becomes oblivious to the world around me while reading!

Family and friends have learned, if I'm reading I may as well be deaf
Read, eat, drink and / or bull shit. Or if you are me, you could be reading a book at the gate and miss the flight even though they called my name, or so the gate agent said, three times. It is really one for the record books. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
O, I thought you said nothing bad ever happend to you?

I'm with you for sure, I love to people watch, seductively sip my peppermint mocha and gaze at all the passerbys flirting with my eyes...
Just did trans continental today. Female captain (smooth flight, nice flare on landing, smooth, prolly two point touch). But the best part was internet on board! Woo Hoo. Tried to hit here but wife woke up from nap. Emailing and surfing at 35,000 feet. It's a great way to pass the time. Only problem was I couldn't get power so the battery ran down at the end of the flight. Fee was $12.95 per flight or they were offering a special of $29.95 for thirty days.