Time To Step Away

After some long contemplation and some real life issues (nothing bad just entering some uncharted territory), I've decided to step away from the Hobby indefinitely. Not sure if/ when I'll be back but I'll still drop in from time to time. A very special thanks to the following:

1) Renee: Thank-you for breaking me in to the game and all of the guidance you have given me. Most importantly, thanks for having my back.

2) Livn2Do: Man what can I say... Truly my consigliore. You have helped & guided me through many "challenging" times. You have also made this experience so much more fun! You're a stand up guy. Thank-you.

3) Marcus Aurelius: Simply an awesome Mod with a great sense of humor! Like Renee & Livn, your guidance has also been invaluable. Thank-you.

Pssymnchr2, BigH, Ferca, Piggy, ExtremePapa, Dallas, Michelle, Kay, Charlee, Vegas, Snickers, Reece, Scorpion, CyFan and those I have forgotten at the moment... All of ya are proof that there are some classy, quality & GREAT people in the Hobby.

Trubeau... I owe you an apology.. You were right sir and I was wrong. I wish I would've listened to you months ago..

Wish me luck and I'm out!!!
Not part of the in crowd, but have enjoyed your post Irish. Good luck.
Thanks Room Service.... Appreciate it.
Man have a good one. will miss ur reviews
Thanks Rocklee.... I'll miss writing them...
Irish, you are truly a rising star in hobby. All of your post are well thought and very well articulated in written form. Seriously we will miss your reviews.
Thanks EP.. I think and hope I'm doing it for all the right reasons. Thank-you for your kind words sir.
May the Schwartz be with you
Yeah, that's the thing with contemplation, it often leads us to down new roads. I don't know what road your on but keep in mind you only live once. Make it count!

We're all here for different reasons. We'll all eventually quit for different reasons. Not trying to steer you one way or the other but remember pussy is never free and it is often much more economical, and even emotionally satisfying to rent rather then own.

Now you can go to work on growing that epic Duck Dynasty beard.

Best of luck my friend. I hope to see you back in the Octagon soon. It's been fun. You know where to find me.
Yeah, that's the thing with contemplation, it often leads us to down new roads. I don't know what road your on but keep in mind you only live once. Make it count!

We're all here for different reasons. We'll all eventually quit for different reasons. Not trying to steer you one way or the other but remember pussy is never free and it is often much more economical, and even emotionally satisfying to rent rather then own.

Now you can go to work on growing that epic Duck Dynasty beard.

Best of luck my friend. I hope to see you back in the Octagon soon. It's been fun. You know where to find me. Originally Posted by livn2do
Thank-you Livn! Rest assured I'm gonna give this situation 100%! If it works, great! If not, I'll know I gave everything I had. I'm excited... and scared. But, it's not about just me anymore... Thanks for everything again brother. I mean that...
Best of luck friend, hope everything works out for you. All's well here!
Best of luck in all the life brings you in the next phases. This is just one of those phases, albeit a fantastic one. When you find the right person, the variety presents itself.

I will miss your posts and reviews as well.

Take care my friend!
My best to you in your new endeavors. The door is always open. Thanks for your contributions.
  • piggy
  • 09-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Good luck and we will keep the torch burning. Loved reading your reviews!! Maybe you can write one for me...take care!
I have enjoyed your posts and reviews and always knew I could safely follow in your footsteps. Good luck in your chosen path!

With all of this boards veterans leaving, retiring, or "taking a break" who are the lurkers supposed to follow now? I myself have been in semi-retirement since the loss of my ATF early this year. Between that and a new, challenging job - I may never find the motivation and/or opportunity again.