The Gift of Fear by Gavin deBecker

I wanted to post about great little book to read about personal security called The Gift of Fear by Gavin deBecker. You can buy it from Amazon for like $5.00. http://www.amazon.com/The-Gift-Fear-.../dp/0440226198

Being an attorney, I speak with a number of people who want to file restraining orders against one person or another. I usually advise these potential clients to read The Gift of Fear before hiring me to file the restraining order. I explain sure I am happy to take their money but I am more concerned about their safety. In this book de Becker advises that it is not always wise to file the restraining order and it is sometimes counter productive.

He also says that when you have that feeling that something is not right then you are likely correct and you should get out of that situation.

He explains this stuff a whole lot better than I do. I think it would be an excellent read for all of us who participate in the hobby. I wish I were making money of the sale of his books but I'm not. Just shoot me a thank you if you think that the book has helped you out.
I highly recommend it also. I bought it back in the late 90s when I had someone bothering me. It really helped me. Mademoiselle magazine had recommended it in an article. (Keystone70, you can count this as a thank you from me for mentioning it for others.)
I had the opportunity to attend DeBecker's Threat Assessment Academy many years ago. Excellent content, insightful and full of real world applications.

I have given GoF to dozens of women in my life. It should be required reading for any female older than 13.
I've been looking for this book, I heard about it and forgot the title..just bought it on kindle