My email was hacked or taken over by a virus

Hello! My email address of cantrell_alyssa@yahoo.com received an email the other day from someone saying they were out of the country and needing money and I am thinking just by me opening it that it took over my account as I can no longer get into my account and have gotten lots of texts letting me know about my email sending out email to everyone in my email that I am out of the country and needing money, but I did not send that email and would never send something like that to anyone. So, I am truly sorry for anyone who received this email from my email and I cannot email anyone since I cannot get into the email account. So, I have no email addresses to contact anyone. I have a new email address of alyssa_cantrell@yahoo.com.
If this was the account you were using to receive your notifications from ECCIE, please be sure to go into your User Control Panel and change that to your new account.

You will be asked to verify your new account by a notification from ECCIE websupport. Please be sure to follow the instruction you receive in that email to verify your new email and your account here on ECCIE.
I will also post your new EM in the Oklahoma Men's Forum.
This has been happening to a lot of people lately. If it's at all possible you may want to try and reach someone at yahoo tech support so you can change the password to the hacked email box. Otherwise the spam bot will continue sending messages to people in your contacts, and it usually does it in 'groups', which is not very good for the people in your contacts, as their email addy's are being shared with whoever else gets the message..
Eventually, everyone gets hacked. It is frustrating, but the easiest thing to do is simply change your password, that usually fixes the problem.
Eventually, everyone gets hacked. It is frustrating, but the easiest thing to do is simply change your password, that usually fixes the problem. Originally Posted by capone380

Also, always best to have at least one capital and one symbol in your password. But yes you should be able to change your password. Simply go to forgot password, then they should send you an email to your other email addy to reset the password.
I recommend in the future trying to change your password every 3-6 months and of course have one cap one number it makes it harder for bots to figure.

Perfect pass word example please view backpage ads @_@