Exciting New Projects

(Mods, please let me know if I'm overstepping bounds here!)

Hi everyone,

Two exciting bits of news to share:

1) I got my FIRST EVER check (not much at all, but it makes me a different kind of "pro" lol) for an article I wrote for Penthouse!!!!

2) I can confirm that I have a publisher for my book, hopefully timed to come out around the same time as the article!!!

I'm so excited and I HAD to come tell my friends, readers and supporters here!!!

SO the only issue I have now is how to pay for a publicist and marketing the book. I went and started a kickstarter.com project to see if I can raise the money to do so. This is how it works: you go to my project on kickstarter.com, pledge whatever you can, and if I get enough backers to meet my goal, $3000, I get the money to pay for marketing. If I don't make the goal, I don't see a single cent. :-(

It would be WONDERFUL if some/all of you could contribute just a small amount.. oh and did I mention rewards??? Every level of contribution comes with goodies. The two highest levels even come with a chance to meet me, in person!!!

Thanks for all of your wonderful support to date, I truly appreciate it!!

kisses,
Alex
Hi Alex!
That sounds like splendid news, Congratulations are in order! Yay to your manifestation skills!
I know the feeling ....Well done you! x
Good luck Alex! But hasn't the publishing world changed?

I heard the thing to do is to publish your book yourself - there are a number of ways, starting with Amazon on the web.

Then I heard that even publishing houses who do give advances still expect their new (at least) authors to do all/the majority of their own marketing.

Marketing budgets don't exist in the publishing world like they did before.

If you think I'm wrong I'd seriously like to know. I did a lot of work in the publishing world back in the day.
Good luck Alex! But hasn't the publishing world changed?

I heard the thing to do is to publish your book yourself - there are a number of ways, starting with Amazon on the web.

Then I heard that even publishing houses who do give advances still expect their new (at least) authors to do all/the majority of their own marketing.

Marketing budgets don't exist in the publishing world like they did before.

If you think I'm wrong I'd seriously like to know. I did a lot of work in the publishing world back in the day. Originally Posted by Leah Ireland
Thank you!!!!! Yes it has changed but it is still better to go with a publisher that not. I am being published by a small indie publishing company. They put a lot of time and effort into promoting their authors. They also bring things to the table that I couldn't do by self publishing on my own. But your are right about marketing, as I am still hiring my own publicists to get the word out.
Just donated $50. Can't wait to see the book! How about writing a dirty li'l something in mine? lol
Just donated $50. Can't wait to see the book! How about writing a dirty li'l something in mine? lol Originally Posted by BBoy60
Thanks you so much! I will be writing a special "dirty" thank you in your special edition "hard" back copy!

Kisses,
Alex
Thank you!!!!! Yes it has changed but it is still better to go with a publisher that not. I am being published by a small indie publishing company. They put a lot of time and effort into promoting their authors. They also bring things to the table that I couldn't do by self publishing on my own. But your are right about marketing, as I am still hiring my own publicists to get the word out. Originally Posted by Alex Lieberman
Great, it seems like writers need all the support they can get these days! Good luck! Saw your site, really interesting.
I wish you the best of luck and congratulations.
(
1) I got my FIRST EVER check (not much at all, but it makes me a different kind of "pro" lol) for an article I wrote for Penthouse!!!!
Originally Posted by Alex Lieberman
Sometimes it isn't the size of the check but the fact that there was a check. It makes you a "pro" and you can leverage that.
Sometimes it isn't the size of the check but the fact that there was a check. It makes you a "pro" and you can leverage that. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Very true...And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't over the moon excited. I'll keep you posted on the month the article is going to be published....and check out the Kickstarter project.....call me shameless but I am a .......well you know what I am.

Kisses,
Alex
Congrats on getting paid for the written word.
In my mind, there is no sweeter money earned!!
Keep up the good work.
You know about the Writer's Publishing and Marketing Guide, right?
It comes out every year, and they have an on-line version as well.
it will tell you everything you need to know about writing for mags.
Also, men's magazines use sports articles as well.
Court your editors. They move around frequently.
My best experience has been with Larry Flynt Publications.
They treated me like gold, paid me well, and let me write whatever I wanted.
They have over 30 publications. Offices are on LaCienega in La.
Keep writing!!
xoC
Congrats on getting paid for the written word.
In my mind, there is no sweeter money earned!!
Keep up the good work.
You know about the Writer's Publishing and Marketing Guide, right?
It comes out every year, and they have an on-line version as well.
it will tell you everything you need to know about writing for mags.
Also, men's magazines use sports articles as well.
Court your editors. They move around frequently.
My best experience has been with Larry Flynt Publications.
They treated me like gold, paid me well, and let me write whatever I wanted.
They have over 30 publications. Offices are on LaCienega in La.
Keep writing!!
xoC Originally Posted by ClairJordan
I can't thank you enough for that. I did not know about them. xoxo
Sometimes it isn't the size of the check but the fact that there was a check. It makes you a "pro" and you can leverage that. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
I agree.
  • WTF
  • 04-12-2011, 08:41 AM

Atl uses that line on all his ladies with a tad different verbiage depending on the point of negotiations!