A Quick Trip Down Memory Lane

Benghazi is old news. Lets start 100 threads on the IRS bullshit. Get to work guys.

Move on to each new scandal. Forget the old one, right?
I wish the IGNORE button not only collapsed the post of the ignored user but also rendered the threads started by the ignored invisible. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Three clicks - on Whirly, COG and JDB - would cut out 60 % of the threads in the last year.
If the threads we start, or comment upon, are so boring or outrageous, don't read them. Put me on ignore. Like I give a shit.
Ahem...

it's all about YOU Whiny. After all, it's getting scary out there.
Three clicks - on Whirly, COG and JDB - would cut out 60 % of the threads in the last year. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I got a kick out of watching The Three Stooges way back around 1955. Nowadays? Not so much!

That trio of Triple Nine Society members puts on quite a display of intellectual fireworks, doesn't it? (OK, not the sort that one should be proud of, but a display nevertheless.)
Curly or Shemp?
lol ....."down goes Frazier"
Three clicks - on Whirly, COG and JDB - would cut out 60 % of the threads in the last year. Originally Posted by ExNYer
(True that!)

I got a kick out of watching The Three Stooges way back around 1955. Nowadays? Not so much!

That trio of Triple Nine Society members puts on quite a display of intellectual fireworks, doesn't it? (OK, not the sort that one should be proud of, but a display nevertheless.) Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Curly or Shemp? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yssup, lest there be any doubt, the Triple Nine Society members to whom I was referring are Whirlaway, CuteOldGuy, and J.D. Barleycorn.

That trio puts on a hell of a display of intellectual fireworks (albeit of the negative kind).
A Quick Trip Down Memory Lane Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
A "Quick Trip Down Memory Lane" would not be complete without a reminder of Trendy's prophetic words of yesteryear:

Wisconsin & America are Trending Romney!
C'mon Trendy, say it one more time for old times sake!

That trio of Triple Nine Society members puts on quite a display of intellectual fireworks, doesn't it? (OK, not the sort that one should be proud of, but a display nevertheless.) Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
You're in luck! The Three Stooges are back! Not as funny this time, however.

Speaking of trips down memory lane, here's what an IRS 1040 form looked like 100 years ago:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/1913.pdf

Notice that the top bracket rate was 7%, and the threshold income for entering it was more than 25 times what it is today for the top (39.6%) rate. In fact, relatively few people in those days had any tax liability at all

But look how far we've come. Now that's progress!

I apologize for not starting a new thread within which to post this, but thought the title of this already existing thread was quite suitable.

I especially wish to apologize for not screaming the title in all-caps. Although that seems to be the new custom here judging from the huge number of threads styled that way, I'm just an old-fashioned sort of guy.