Sharing Intimacy and Trust..........

Without Trust, a healthy Dominance/submission relationship is impossible. Only trust allows partners to discuss their fantasies in the first place, much less act them out. Though some people find it easier to share their sexual secrets with strangers, many others find such trust takes time to build. By giving over his body to his Mistress, a submissive male is saying "I trust you completely."
A Mistress is responsible to know and respect her partners limits. If she stay to far within his bounds, he may feel frustrated, disappointed, and unsatisfied. If she crosses the line too far, he could be hurt, emotionally or physically. Learning how to push a man to his limits and not beyond is a complex process and it takes time.

This is out of one of my favorite books, and says A LOT.............Any comments, questions, thoughts.............
This is truth.

Being involved in D/s activities in the civvie world, I wish you could bang this into many, many top/dominant heads of both genders.

It's like Goldilocks - too safe is boring, too far is hurtful. You have to get it jussst right.
DD
The "just right" might change over time, or from session to session.
My first experience with a Mistress was full of questions and we were two strangers meeting for the first time. My trust in her and the unknown took me a while, but it was well worth the invested time. Yes trust is the key element in any relationship, be it civie or hobby. With out that trust, boundaries would be impossible to approach and to push as well....Begin slow and build that trust factor and the intimacy will follow......Rules for a Dominant rule #2; Never underestimate the healing power of a cuddle.................... enjoy life....