Craigslist RIP

Looks like they just shut down the Personals sections...
I just seen that as well ... I agree RIP
Although I don't agree with anything being shut down you'd think rants and raves would still be functioning
therapeutic going ta get busy

farm+garden
btw who all looking for a cock rancher ?
but some will learn ta barter

or
look for work,
Now where am I going to go to get invitations to fake dating websites?
I am sure hookers will figure it out.

Met a few nice whores on that site.

They will go to backpage and post there and then some place else.

Worst case is on the street where they belong
At the risk of seeming "wakey-like" in my self-importance, I wanted to copy something into this threAd that I just posted in another (my apologies for the repeat to those who may have already seen it:

Won’t be any stings anymore they did away with the personals on the list what a shame I’ve scored some nice pussy on there Originally Posted by bigs21
Whatta ridiculous situation. Here is what you get when you try to access any "personal" section on CL:

"US Congress just passed HR 1865, "FOSTA", seeking to subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.

Any tool or service can be misused. We can't take such risk without jeopardizing all our other services, so we are regretfully taking craigslist personals offline. Hopefully we can bring them back some day.

To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!"

There are two things to be said here:

1) Ummm...how can this be put? Over-reaction? Jeezis. Whatta buncha pussies. But CL always has been. They were one of the first sites to roll over on the "gun" issue. If ya even try to sell a BB gun there, your post will get yanked. If anyone thinks they have any balls whatsoever to try to fight something like this, ferget it.

2) In their defense, with the current political climate..and with EVERY indication that it will only get worse..the actual bill contains statements like this:

"Additionally, it establishes enhanced penalties—a fine, a prison term of up to 25 years, or both—for a person who commits the offense in one of the following aggravating circumstances: (1) promotes or facilitates the prostitution of five or more persons, or (2) acts with reckless disregard that such conduct contributes to sex trafficking."

AND:

"The bill amends the federal criminal code to define a phrase related to the prohibition on sex trafficking. Currently, it a crime to knowingly benefit from participation in a venture that engages in sex trafficking. This bill defines "participation in a venture" to mean knowingly assisting, supporting, or facilitating a sex trafficking violation."

If you think, for one goddamm second, that ambiguous statements like that are NOT intentional...yer a fuckin moron. They are. And they are constructed that way so that the law can be interpreted as loosely as possible. They can...and undoubtedly will...go after sites like BP and CL...(and maybe this one!)...with the ultimate goal of driving them all out of existence.

But wait...there's more!

"The amendments apply regardless of whether alleged conduct occurs before, on, or after this bill's enactment."

That means just what it says it does. In other words, CL taking that shit down NOW doesn't really protect them. Someone can go after them for shit that was on there before this bill was passed. Naively, I thought making something a crime "after the fact" was unconstitutional. But silly me. I would be incorrect.

We are fucking doomed people. By we, I mean everyone. Not just us cucks and hooks. This kind of PC, knee-jerk, feel good bullshit is gonna eventually harass everything out of existence. Ya won't be able to say, read, do...or thinck (eventually)...anything. Most sites will not be able to risk the crazy legal fees that they will incur if these charges are brought against them. Those fees alone will kill them, whether they were right or wrong. Whereas.. the lawyers coming after them will (often) be funded by your tax dollars themselves.

This situation is kinda like the Elephant Mod....we let this happen. And we deserve it.

Fuck me.

I agree with Rooster. CL caved in way too soon. The bill is too ambiguous and will probably never actually be enforced. There are too many big name prostitution sites like the wsg forum, bigdoggie and this one that have been around for years that are not going to turn out the lights without a big fight. And I don't see that fight actually happening.

What makes it even more crazy is that Trump still needs to sign the bill while every hooker he's ever fucked is coming forward. Plus they say he fucked them bareback no less! His days in office are numbered.
They even shut down the "Strictly Platonic" section.
Jillyclaire from Nola chiming in. I found over time I couldn’t even post a regular “woman seeking a man” ad. It would be flagged almost as soon as I put it up. Must have been some of those Pentecostal housewives ridding the world of evil. I’m glad it’s gone. It has become worthless.
I’ve heard that TER and CityVibe are down as well :-/
I’ve heard that TER and CityVibe are down as well :-/ Originally Posted by bustybabygirl
Yeah
BP is up for now but for how long I wonder. This bill is very broad. Heck, I've seen known providers with profiles on Plentyoffish and AdultFriendfinder. will this shut down legit dating sites too?
I guess us ladies need to come up with new inventive ways to advertise...
Its sad, this is the oldest profession in the book and if they would just legalize it the country would make billions off the taxes from it.
His days in office are numbered. Originally Posted by hardlikker12
What makes you say or even think that? All of his alleged activities happened before he took up resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Unlike Mr. Clinton.