WEINER'S PENIS PHOTO DISPUTE TO BE SETTLED IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT

I like the guy. Originally Posted by WTF
Ron Paul doesn't like the guy..........
How tweet! The twit, Weiner, twittering his tiny wiener for his tweeties.
If he was a member of ECCIE, he wouldn't be having this problem....I'm just sayin'......
If he was a member of ECCIE, he wouldn't be having this problem....I'm just sayin'...... Originally Posted by Ed Highlight

LOL...

Well, which would have been worse for him? Having an actual affair with the women he tweeted, or just sending some sexually explicit pictures to them via phone/twitter? Apparently it was mutual with a couple of them, one of the ladies on ABC news shows what she "twitted" back..lol

You got to love America and it's puritanical, hypocritical ways.. the very people getting upset about this and wanting him to resign are just as guilty. I am pretty sure we will find more men in positions of power doing similar things, it will just be a matter of time when it all gets exposed. I personally think this whole thing with "weiner" is not that big of a deal, and I can see why he lied. Does that mean he can't be effective at his job? Does it mean he will lie about other things? Probably not..

But I am sure the media and those who don't like him will try to spin it that way.
Weiner Women , if he admits to 6 that means there were at least 12

LOL...

Well, which would have been worse for him? Having an actual affair with the women he tweeted, or just sending some sexually explicit pictures to them via phone/twitter? Apparently it was mutual with a couple of them, one of the ladies on ABC news shows what she "twitted" back..lol

You got to love America and it's puritanical, hypocritical ways.. the very people getting upset about this and wanting him to resign are just as guilty. I am pretty sure we will find more men in positions of power doing similar things, it will just be a matter of time when it all gets exposed. I personally think this whole thing with "weiner" is not that big of a deal, and I can see why he lied. Does that mean he can't be effective at his job? Does it mean he will lie about other things? Probably not..

But I am sure the media and those who don't like him will try to spin it that way. Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures
Getting hysterical about the sex angle is absolutely about as puritanical & hypocritical as it gets. Certainly doesn't bother me...wouldn't bother most of us here.

What DOES bother me is the pure hubris of it all. This is a guy who has made a conscious effort to raise his profile in the last couple of years. He's been the voice/face of a number of his party's views. Until this happened, the consensus is NYC was looking at it's next mayor. If all of that's the case, you just GOTTA know that there will be people gunning for you who don't like where you're trying to go...don't like what you're tying to do...who just plain don't like YOU!

To be in that position & do something this galacticly stupid...and then compound that error by handling it so poorly when you get popped....Ugh....

It's an old, old story but - somehow - it still never ceases to amaze/amuse me...
Getting hysterical about the sex angle is absolutely about as puritanical & hypocritical as it gets. Certainly doesn't bother me...wouldn't bother most of us here.

What DOES bother me is the pure hubris of it all. This is a guy who has made a conscious effort to raise his profile in the last couple of years. He's been the voice/face of a number of his party's views. Until this happened, the consensus is NYC was looking at it's next mayor. If all of that's the case, you just GOTTA know that there will be people gunning for you who don't like where you're trying to go...don't like what you're tying to do...who just plain don't like YOU!

To be in that position & do something this galacticly stupid...and then compound that error by handling it so poorly when you get popped....Ugh....

It's an old, old story but - somehow - it still never ceases to amaze/amuse me... Originally Posted by Sisyphus
I agree with what you said above. None of my posts on Weiner are in any way support for the guy, but I still feel we as a Nation put way too much emphasis on sex and sexual behaviors so much that the politicians (who are human) feel the need to hide it due to public scrutiny. So it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they would lie if caught in a said situation. I think Weiner is incredibly stupid and it doesn't indicate that he has any common sense in my mind. He may be well educated and good at politics to a point, but no common sense, or even in touch with the real world. If he were, he wouldn't have done this to begin with.
I agree with what you said above. None of my posts on Weiner are in any way support for the guy, but I still feel we as a Nation put way too much emphasis on sex and sexual behaviors so much that the politicians (who are human) feel the need to hide it due to public scrutiny. So it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they would lie if caught in a said situation. I think Weiner is incredibly stupid and it doesn't indicate that he has any common sense in my mind. He may be well educated and good at politics to a point, but no common sense, or even in touch with the real world. If he were, he wouldn't have done this to begin with. Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures
Word!

Not only are political sex scandals great fun, they serve an important social purpose. They remind us that we should think twice before we cede more power to these clowns.
I agree with what you said above. None of my posts on Weiner are in any way support for the guy, Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures
No worries...I didn't take it that way!

but I still feel we as a Nation put way too much emphasis on sex and sexual behaviors so much that the politicians (who are human) feel the need to hide it due to public scrutiny. So it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they would lie if caught in a said situation. Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures
I think your feelings are onto something!

We might ultimately all be better served if we could just drop any pretext that our elected leaders are supposed to be the epitome of all that some of us believe to be "virtuous". If for no other reason than all of these types of episodes would stop turning people off on the political process altogether.

Unfortunately, I think if that were ever to actually happen, the great hue & cry of those unable to deal with the cognitive dissonance* that would bring would deafen the rest of us!

I think Weiner is incredibly stupid and it doesn't indicate that he has any common sense in my mind. He may be well educated and good at politics to a point, but no common sense, or even in touch with the real world. If he were, he wouldn't have done this to begin with. Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures
Which is the problem with this case...and all the other cases...for me. They KNOW the deal when they enter the arena. If they lack the self-control to abstain...or lack the common sense to partake intelligently...I question whether they've got the chops to be the ones calling the shots.

* It's been a while since my into to govt class but I believe the term "cognitive dissonance" refers to the psychological discomfort one feels when his/her ideals about the political process come into conflict with the reality of the political process. If I'm off, I'm sure someone will chime in with the proper term.
Word PJ
Anthony Weiner Penis Photo Released By Opie And Anthony [UPDATED]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_873182.html

We might ultimately all be better served if we could just drop any pretext that our elected leaders are supposed to be the epitome of all that some of us believe to be "virtuous". If for no other reason than all of these types of episodes would stop turning people off on the political process altogether.

Unfortunately, I think if that were ever to actually happen, the great hue & cry of those unable to deal with the cognitive dissonance* that would bring would deafen the rest of us!

Which is the problem with this case...and all the other cases...for me. They KNOW the deal when they enter the arena. If they lack the self-control to abstain...or lack the common sense to partake intelligently...I question whether they've got the chops to be the ones calling the shots.

* It's been a while since my into to govt class but I believe the term "cognitive dissonance" refers to the psychological discomfort one feels when his/her ideals about the political process come into conflict with the reality of the political process. If I'm off, I'm sure someone will chime in with the proper term. Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Agreed..

I came across this article from Psychology today which I thought was interesting on this subject and the author voices his opinion on how we are all handling this (media/ public outcry): http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...einer-is-wrong

One quote from the article: "But lest we seem to inadvertently reveal, even in our disapproval, our actual identification with the sexual miscreant in question, we must add another layer of self-deception and deny that any of it has to do with sex, that our criticisms or mockery reflects any hang-up about sex. No, no, we say, it's not the sex, it's the lying and the cover-up. It's because he was stupid. But that turns out to be only another projection, this time of our own harsh intolerance of the various ways that, as flawed human beings, we are weak, get confused, act irrationally, act from shame and guilt, and routinely shoot ourselves in the foot. Can anyone say they don't?"
Agreed..

I came across this article from Psychology today which I thought was interesting on this subject and the author voices his opinion on how we are all handling this (media/ public outcry): http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...einer-is-wrong

One quote from the article: "But lest we seem to inadvertently reveal, even in our disapproval, our actual identification with the sexual miscreant in question, we must add another layer of self-deception and deny that any of it has to do with sex, that our criticisms or mockery reflects any hang-up about sex. No, no, we say, it's not the sex, it's the lying and the cover-up. It's because he was stupid. But that turns out to be only another projection, this time of our own harsh intolerance of the various ways that, as flawed human beings, we are weak, get confused, act irrationally, act from shame and guilt, and routinely shoot ourselves in the foot. Can anyone say they don't?" Originally Posted by Guilty Pleasures
Most any other public employee, whether it be a school teacher, a school janitor, policeman, soldier, etc., would be fired for this type of transgression. He was selected to be above the mean; therefore, shouldn't he be held to at least the same standard as these other public employees? Besides, his behavior typifies more an audacious arrogance (much, much too common in DC) than a weakness.