Couture Rental

I normally go shopping for every date. I often buy all new clothes. Buying a new cocktail dress for every date adds up, not to mention my closet is filling up.

So, I been thinking of renting. I've been looking at Rent the Runway https://www.renttherunway.com/rtr_home but was wondering if anyone here has experience with this type of business.

For the women, have you tried this? For the men, have your wife or girlfriend used this?

How was your experience and thoughts on this idea?
A young co-worker is going to a swanky party in South Beach and is renting a cocktail dress
for the event. She seems pretty upbeat about the service and I'll report back with her experience.
My friend rented from RTR for a ball we attended. It was great. She had a $2000 dress for the evening and didn't have to worry about wear and tear. If she owned it she would have guarded it with her life. The dresses are insured so spilled drinks and snags don't ruin the night.
It is a great service. I've used it in the past when I had several functions to go to regularly.....with only one high end boutique in town it helped me avoid wearing the same thing as everyone else.
Service was great. She decided she wanted a smaller size and it we delivered to her hotel the next day well in time for the event.
Thank you so much for sharing this! Wonderful idea!

Camille
Adjust the mantra: If it flies, floats, fucks or is fitted, rent it?

Jk, I'm glad I'm a dude when it comes to wardrobe.

Jk, I'm glad I'm a dude when it comes to wardrobe. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
This is so true but to put a male twist on the topic, do you own a tuxedo or do you rent when necessary?
This is so true but to put a male twist on the topic, do you own a tuxedo or do you rent when necessary? Originally Posted by awl4knot
Rent. I'm a blue collar schlub that rarely has needed a tux. I'm 30 lbs. lighter now than the last time I rented one.

I believe in ownership, I was late to buy a house but I would never lease a car. Once I established a body shape I felt I could maintain I bought a handful of quality, conservative suits thinking long term. Gray, black, blue and get a new shirt and tie now and then.

Clothes need to be broken in; I can't imagine the J-Lo only wear an outfit once life.

Adjust the mantra: If it flies, floats, fucks or is fitted, rent it?

Jk, I'm glad I'm a dude when it comes to wardrobe. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Go to a business meeting in Italy, then Japan in the same week and tell me why you are glad you are a dude.
Go to a business meeting in Italy, then Japan in the same week and tell me why you are glad you are a dude. Originally Posted by Gotyour6
What's the per diem in your offer?