Who Makes a Killer Margarita on The West Side?

The title says it all, I know a great place north, but don't want to drive an hour there!

Thanks!
Welp.... I found the place.... It is off I-10 east on the west side, just past the beltway...
Ive been looking for the perfect one for a while ..ill try it whats the name of the place ?
chapultepecs on Richmond and Montrose.
Welp.... I found the place.... It is off I-10 east on the west side, just past the beltway... Originally Posted by lookn4boobies
huh? if it's on the west side isn't it the Katy Freeway (as in I-10 west)? (seems like you meant the west side of Houston by the title)

just ignore me if I'm understanding wrong. have had a few beers. :P
huh? if it's on the west side isn't it the Katy Freeway (as in I-10 west)? (seems like you meant the west side of Houston by the title)

just ignore me if I'm understanding wrong. have had a few beers. :P Originally Posted by JustMeCLTXGG
'Cuse me.... It is on the south side of I-10 heading west.......

Friggin Patron, slushie.... ( better than the ones you get at 7-11) ........

I need Yummy to translate the rest for me...
Cyclone Anaya's

City Centere.... Great food... Great Rita's ... From semi toxic... To killer toxic!
Welp.... I found the place.... It is off I-10 east on the west side, just past the beltway... Originally Posted by lookn4boobies

A name would help

Or do you mean Cyclone Anaya? It is on the south east corner of I-10 and beltway, on the way to Katy.

Yes, I know, nowadays nobody knows what 'south east' means. That's why you get so many nc/ns.

Cyclone Anaya are good, but not cheap. There's another Mexican place in city centre which also has a good variety.

JR Alexanders on Westheimer makes good cocktails, and I normally start with a margherita. Their Chocolate martini is divine, so I am told. Great staff too.

Worst margherita, anywhere along SA river walk, or any chain place. They don't use fresh fruit, it's full of yucky syrup.

For a more cost effective margherita, I normally have a few when I go to Los Tios. There's one on Tanglewilde (I then move on to Scores) or on Memorial/Kirkwood.

Yes, I like margheritas, got to have plenty of fresh lime to squeeze.

The other thing is I like to eat/drink outside in the evening, and then the issue of what is eating me becomes important.
If you want a real margarita, you will have to make it yourself, unless you are in Mexico. Here is the recipe.

Ingredients

Original recipe makes 1 cocktail
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 fluid ounces tequila
  • 1 fluid ounce orange flavored liqueur (such as Cointreau®)
  • 1/2 fluid ounce lime juice (Mexican limes work best)
  • 1 cup ice
  • 1 lime wheel

Directions

1. Sprinkle salt on a small plate. Lightly wet the rim of a cocktail glass or margarita glass with a damp paper towel. Dip the moistened rim in salt to coat. Set aside.
  2. Combine tequila, orange-flavored liquer, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until chilled. Strain into a salt-rimmed cocktail glass or a salt-rimmed, ice-filled margarita glass.
  3. Garnish with a lime wheel.
PREP 5 mins
  • READY IN 5 mins
I don't know all their locations but Los Cucos has my vote.
The best restaurant margarita I have had is from Molina's Restaurant. Small, but tasty and potent. They add some Ever-clear, so they limit you to two.

A true margarita is a 40 proof drink. If it comes out of a slushy machine, it is not a margarita!
A true margarita is a 40 proof drink. If it comes out of a slushy machine, it is not a margarita! Originally Posted by Oralist
Lol. I agree. With one exception. The Fat Tuesday machines in Vegas. Lol
Molina's
Club no Minor
Sylvia's
A true margarita is a 40 proof drink. If it comes out of a slushy machine, it is not a margarita! Originally Posted by Oralist
This is true. Better....if it has any sugar in it...it is not a margarita. Call it a wimp-a-rita. Sugar added so light weights can drink it.

If you want a real margarita, you will have to make it yourself, unless you are in Mexico. Here is the recipe. A margarita should be strong....really strong.
lime juice (Mexican limes work best)
....... Originally Posted by Oralist
Your sugar free recipe is right on...but actually...Key limes or sweet Central/South American limes work better.

Keep all ingredients in the refrigerator....maybe the tequila in the freezer. You're ice won't melt so fast and weaken the drink.

Yes....I'm an engineer..(edit: often a perfectionist) from South Texas...who had his first margarita at age "x" with x having only one digit LOL.

edit: The Corazon rita at Pappasito's is a pretty good wimp-a-rita or texa-rita.

edit: I've left Cucos drunk many times. Not sure about now, but the old one next to Midway had them 2 bucks at happy hour.
This is true. Better....if it has any sugar in it...it is not a margarita. Call it a wimp-a-rita. Sugar added so light weights can drink it.

Your sugar free recipe is right on...but actually...Key limes or sweet Central/South American limes work better.

Keep all ingredients in the refrigerator....maybe the tequila in the freezer. You're ice won't melt so fast and weaken the drink.

Yes....I'm an engineer...from South Texas...who had his first margarita at age "x" with x having only one digit LOL. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
Since you are from South Texas, I'm sure you must have had the real thing at Trevino's in Reynosa.