Facebook

I was just wondering with facebook getting as big as it is if any providers are using it yet? and if not why?
yep they do
  • npita
  • 03-16-2010, 01:15 PM
It's probably not a good idea to use sites like facebook, myspace, etc., for this sort of activity. Here is a link to the guidelines facebook uses in deciding to turn ovrt information about its users:

http://cryptome.org/isp-spy/facebook-spy.pdf

The same site has gotten hold of similar sets of guidelines for quite a few other sites , e.g., myspace, aol, time-warner, comcast and so on along with microsoft's documents describing the built in provisions for law enforcement use in windows 7.
Eccie should probably have a presence there since it has become a major media marketing playground.
Eccie should probably have a presence there since it has become a major media marketing playground. Originally Posted by cpi3000
No way.... I don't thinks so.
To me personally, it would be mixing, different type of groups.
Which not all, have similar interest. I don't use, any of them.
(Twitter, Myspace, facebook or, any other system like that.)
I prefer, to stay around, the like minded, for the most part.
I know of one provider who has a facebook presence and she keeps the hobby off of it. Frankly it has me wondering. If you're familiar with FB you'll understand this. Somehow her picture and name popped up on my FB page suggeting I may want to add her as a friend. The only way i can figure out how they knew I was aware of her is if she was searching me. She does know my real name and until then I did not know hers. If this is the case was she really looking at my fb and I hope the so doesn't wonder if she ever looks over the shouder.
I want to be a Carrie Hillcrest friend.
Smokeater

I had the same thing happen to me with my ex who broke my fucking heart. I had not seen her in a year with no contact whatsoever. I sent facebook an email and it was explained to me that Facebook can access outlook contacts, outlook express contacts and the email you signed up with on the account for all emailed contacts that have a presence on FB. In addition, if you have FB on your blackberry or Iphone, it will do the same thing and show up on your desktop. If you do not have a provider phone, or if you have the same email address on FB that you use to email the provider, that is your explanation. Facebook is intrusive so to speak and they work behind the scenes on your friend selections. So here is a scenario as to how this could have happened. You email provider from Blackberry, Provider uses the same email as her FB sign in, not necessarily her contact info and FB behind the scenes decides this is a person you must know exposing her real name or your real name. There are other scenarios as well, but this is just an example.
Whoah there, horsey. Might want to read this article first:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=124721237
Thanks!
Here's a reason not to have one.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOfgUVpb1WA
  • Casey
  • 03-17-2010, 08:30 AM
I use FB for non hobby networking. I would never use it for anything other than mainstream contact. I do have a few hobbiest on my FB, but they are really good friends as well.

Casey
I would never use facebook or myspace for hobby related. There are also too many Children who get on those sites and play games that facebook and stuff have on there.

MY NEIGHTBOR lets her 8yr old play a game called fish world and he's only 8.
I would not thing its a good idea to get on those sites.

They also have a thing stating they do not allow adult content on there website...... members who do can and will be bannned....

Leave it for non hobby stuff...... We already have tons of silly whore boards LOL!
"Berkleigh" has a myspace and I guess she needs a Facebook too!

There is no adult content on the myspace, nor would I allow it as I have children.

I am careful about what is on there.

I also am selective about who I allow on there, I check every friend request.

Berks' Facebook will be in progress......
I want to be a Carrie Hillcrest friend. Originally Posted by Nitwitboy
Good luck. I barely even write in my blog anymore, let alone have time to keep up with the social networking FaceSpace and MyTwitterbook stuff.

Which doesn't stop me from getting "invites" every damn day. Stop it, y'all. Ain't happening.

- Carrie Ludditecrest