Beware

I ran across this article while looking at photos of a beautiful woman, a once young, rich, and successful woman. . . which lead me to post the link here in the land of HDHs where I do not normally tread.

Fame and beauty are fleeting, neither can be relied upon, so beware young beauties, use your head for more than head!

Tragic:

http://chexydecimal.com/2011/08/frid...veronica-lake/
That's a sad story. She was one of my wife's fav's in the day. The thing I didn't know was how very short she was. Kristen Chenoweth should play her in the film...
Sad story,
specially the part "her assets were seized for tax payments" ;-). I think that is the prime warning line for all of "us"

No,
seriously,
I agree with what you say. People who rely on beauty are not making it too long. That is why I kind of like Hedy Lamarr. She was one of the reasons why we have wireless internet now ;-).

Its interesting with people with that kind of fame and magnetism (think Curt Cobain and others) who die young and live hard (or even Janis Joplin or Amy Winehouse)

Seems they burn the candle from both sides, and that makes part of the fame. It makes them irresistible but maybe not happy (Marilyn Monroe). But , on the other hand, it takes a lot of "irresitible" to make it in or to Hollywood and fame. So, I think they must have been also hard workers, aside from their other habits. Because being schizo, and having some erratic behaviour does not make you a superstar (even if some might want to believe that .... ;-) .....)