SEARCH Engine problems - Find all posts of a member not working

The find all posts and find all threads of a member is not working. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Liz
Yeah, NONE of the "Search" functions are working today..... AGAIN! If you think this is a hassle for you, you cannot believe what a pain this is for the Mods.

I'm thinking you are getting the following message:

connection to 172.17.2.86:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

I have been beating on senior staff about this for awhile. It comes and goes. No explanation yet, but I haven't looked for a few days. It will undoubtedly start working again, maybe even the next time you try it.
UPDATE: This is a known issue with the "Search" engine crashing. Staff needs to manually restart, and sometimes that takes awhile. They are well aware of this and working on resolving it permanently.

BTW, Google works surprisingly well for searching ECCIE forums sometimes. I have had surprisingly good results by putting in member names, phone numbers, etc. Our own "Search" function works better.... but only when it is working. In a pinch, you may find what you need using Google.
StC posted somewhere on this. I forgot where.

but

its a software problem that has to be manually reset at the sever. They reset, it works for a bit, then down again. It is being worked on
I edited the title of the Thread to make it more noticeable to anyone having "Search" problems.
Thanks.

kisses
Liz

BTW, Google works surprisingly well for searching ECCIE forums sometimes. I have had surprisingly good results by putting in member names, phone numbers, etc. Our own "Search" function works better.... but only when it is working. In a pinch, you may find what you need using Google. Originally Posted by rooster
using google or other search engines(ask.com, yahoo, etc) does work on most handles.

mine it does not, how sweet that is
Elizabeth for now use OSD as your personal screener!! Lol
Elizabeth for now use OSD as your personal screener!! Lol Originally Posted by Vern0065
Yeah, right.