a BBQ thread...because we're Kansas City.

Visiting providers and visiting fellow hobbiest need to know where to go for some BBQ when in our fine city. Locals like to learn about new places too.

So...<drumroll> this Barbecue thread. Ta Da!

One of my favorites is Oklahoma Joe's BBQ. (To other cities: We have better BBQ in our gas stations than you have in your whole city.)
Rosedales b.b.q & Jack Stack hands down
  • KCBMW
  • 01-08-2010, 05:46 AM
Smokin Guns in NKC has the best burnt ends !!!
I agree with Taylor on Rosedales and Jack Stack, but I'd also throw in Smokehouse in Gladstone.
  • ampad
  • 01-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Grew up on Gates. By far my favorite, but I try not to limit myself to it. I do like Oklahoma Joe's quite a bit too.

Beef and a half, side BB's!
  • Bubba
  • 01-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Rosedales is good. I like Gates. Jack Stack is very good but the grand prize winner for me is Arthur Bryants!! You can't beat their burnt end sandwich and fries. Great food and enough to feed 2 people!
I'm not a big BBQ fan but I do like Smokin Joe's. Their sauce is sweet, fries are fricken awesome and their brownies are to die for.
Gates is very good for brisket but for ribs I prefer Zarda. Zarda ribs come in sauce though and sometimes I just like a dry rub. Any suggestions for ribs with dry rub?
  • dtguy
  • 01-08-2010, 10:58 PM
I like the original Arthur Bryants myself.
If you get a chance, check out R.J.s Bob-Be-Que Shack in Mission. Their lamb ribs are amazing. Also, they serve a really great country breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning with locally-made sausage.
Jack's Stack and Zarda's for the meat platters and the baked beans. Oklahoma Joe's for the sandwiches and the jalapeno cole slaw. Famous Dave's for the combo platters (chicken and sausage). Rosedale's for sandwiches.
Ahhh a real sleeper nobody has mentioned is Big C's mmm, yummy. There lunch special on mondays is enough for 2 meals (at least for me).

Oklahoma Joes and Smoke Stack - Best beans....
Arthur Bryant's, and Gates are KC's siginature BBQ's, but there are many others that are just as good and unique.
I'm not a big BBQ fan but I do like Smokin Joe's. Their sauce is sweet, fries are fricken awesome and their brownies are to die for. Originally Posted by undrtkr
Smokin Joe's in KC.

About an hour SW of Austin, TX is the Salt Lick. The stuff dreams are made of.
That's what I like/hate about KC barbeque. There are enough places around town to satisfy most anyone's tastes, but there are too many to try and get to based on everyone's recommendations.

Anyone try BB's Lawnside? Not sure about the food but the Jazz on Sunday nights is supposed to be fantastic.