Probate law help--Houston

My grandmother passed away back in March. I am one of the executors of her will. The other executor is my older brother who passed away back in 2011. My grandmother never updated her will.

The issue I'm having is not the will. She had a safe deposit box that she didn't add either of us as a signer. Now that she's passed on, the bank has basically said that we will have to get a lawyer and go to probate court just to retrieve the items in her box. I need legal help getting that done or at least some legal advice on what I need to do since I'm the sole living executor
I'm not sure why you posted here. This is a board for issues related to the hobby. My advice to you is to talk to trusted family and friends to get a referral. If that doesn't work, contact the local bar association.
Forge Granny's signature on a Power of Attorney and find a helpful notary to notarize it. Or dye your hair gray, buy a dress, and use Granny's ID to get into the box. Be sure to speak in quavering falsetto. Or, show up at the bank with an AK-47 and ask politely that they empty all the safe deposit boxes for you.

Your results may vary.
She had a safe deposit box that she didn't add either of us as a signer. Now that she's passed on, the bank has basically said that we will have to get a lawyer and go to probate court just to retrieve the items in her box. I need legal help getting that done or at least some legal advice on what I need to do since I'm the sole living executor Originally Posted by StopShort
1. Go on line Harris County Clerk's Office.
2. Probate Courts
3. Forms
4. Look in there and find the ones to get an order for the safety deposit box.
5. You may be able to do it yourself, but you need to file her will with the clerk.
6. You need her death certificate and your brother's death certificate .. .certified copies of each one (you might get a couple of extras for later use).

http://www.cclerk.hctx.net/Probate/D...ble_Forms.aspx