Need a personal Injury Attorney

I need a personal injury Attorney. Not hobby related. Fingure was caught in the the door of their back patio door establishment. basically cut off. a plastic surgeon was called in to re attatch it. I need help. This wasn't my fault.
Thanks
Kay
  • canny
  • 07-08-2016, 04:06 PM
I'm not an attorney, but can't you just file a claim with their insurance company? If it's a commercial establishment they have liability insurance to protect themselves against exactly that sort of accident.
My advice to you as an attorney is to talk to your family and trusted friends to get referrals. If that doesn't work, contact your local bar association. Then talk to a few of the referrals until you find a lawyer you're comfortable with.

btw, the general liability insurer for the business will probably, at best, only offer to reimburse you for your medical expenses. The insurer probably won't agree to pay you for pain, suffering, or disfigurement.

Good luck.
Thanks for the intel. I did talk to the owner of the establishment. He refused to give me his Insurance information. Told me to bring the medical bills to him and he would submit them. Yeah right! Funny thing is I was there when another patron had the door slam on him and tore his hand open.
The business may not have general liability insurance (this is called "going naked"), or it may not want to get his insurer involved and the owner will just pay your expenses directly to you. I can't see how it'd hurt you if the business paid your incurred medical expenses.

I think at this point you should hire an attorney to write a demand letter to the business. You may even find an attorney willing to front the payment of your medical expenses.
Jon's nailed it.
Only item I could add is that the outfit may have a high deductible. But that would be a variation of what Jon describes as naked.
But for the injury you describe, the medical bills will add up.
You need to make sure all expenses are covered, including possible future expenses.
Thus, as Jon mentions, have an atty draft a claim letter, cause that needs to be done correctly, cause what's in that letter will be critical.
And the claim must be "established", cause what if the guy later on decides he won't pay expenses.
Jon's nailed it.
Only item I could add is that the outfit may have a high deductible. But that would be a variation of what Jon describes as naked.
But for the injury you describe, the medical bills will add up.
You need to make sure all expenses are covered, including possible future expenses.
Thus, as Jon mentions, have an atty draft a claim letter, cause that needs to be done correctly, cause what's in that letter will be critical.
And the claim must be "established", cause what if the guy later on decides he won't pay expenses. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Eunuch Esq.

Lawyer by day Scheduler and Protector of the masses by night. What would we do without you. Riding to the rescue to slay those dragons.
Well someone's still upset cause the part time gal he was stalking shut him down once she found out who he was.
Please keep your personal feuds out of the legal forum.