Need Advice (concerning someone's safety)

I have a provider-friend who was receiving some questionable and creepy texts from a number she didn't recognize last night, but they must have been from someone who "knows her" or someone "who has visited her before"... because they knew parts of her lifestyle, and they were asking her "if she was home". (which to my knowledge she was NOT at the time).

She sent me a screenshot of their texts, and I saw the number they were from. After a quick Google search, I found that the number that was texting her belongs to a local Pensacola business. I texted my findings to her, but I have not heard from her since.

I've texted her back a couple more times last night asking her just to let me know if she was okay, then I texted her back a couple hours ago just to check-up on her, but no reply (she DOES have a track-record of not texting back right away, or sometimes not even until the next day).

I'd "like" to check-up on her, but I live over an hour away, and I never drop-in on a provider uninvited or unannounced.

Needless to say, I'm concerned.

Any advice?
More likely than not she is okay and will text you in the near future. What other advice is there?
More likely than not she is okay and will text you in the near future. What other advice is there? Originally Posted by sugarfreepop
She's "most likely" okay. Mainly just wondering if I should "confront" this business and/or call-them-out.
And still.... guys need to stop being "creepy".

If you contact someone from an unrecognized number acting like you know them, that's going to freak ANYONE out.
Don’t do anything unless she asks you to something.
Don’t do anything unless she asks you to something. Originally Posted by Michelle ma Belle
Don't worry. I'm not. But, I'm still concerned.
I recommend letting her take care of it. Between LEO, phone apps, number masking and other trickery the business may have no idea this is going on (it could be an employee, but may not be). Keep trying to contact her -- I'm sure she'll contact you when she's ready.
I recommend letting her take care of it. Between LEO, phone apps, number masking and other trickery the business may have no idea this is going on (it could be an employee, but may not be). Keep trying to contact her -- I'm sure she'll contact you when she's ready. Originally Posted by Jardinier
Yeah, that was my thought, too. I guess I just needed others to back me up on that.
Maybe let someone on here privy to your information. PM. In my experience when a guy uses a verifiable number, that’s a screw up, I hope he sees this and contacts you. And this sounds real familiar but it was a while back when a guy was using a number like this, I think it went back to a mechanics shop.
In my experience when a guy uses a verifiable number, that’s a screw up, I hope he sees this and contacts you. Originally Posted by bc1969
I kinda doubt he would contact me, since that would "identify him" if that truly is a business phone number.

And like someone else said, it could be a "number spoof".

Some guys just feel they need to be "creepy jerks" and do stuff like that.... thinking it's either "funny" or thinking it might force the lady "like them more"? Or maybe it makes the guy THINK they're "in control"? Not sure what guys get out of it.... :/
I kinda doubt he would contact me, since that would "identify him" if that truly is a business phone number.

And like someone else said, it could be a "number spoof".

Some guys just feel they need to be "creepy jerks" and do stuff like that.... thinking it's either "funny" or thinking it might force the lady "like them more"? Or maybe it makes the guy THINK they're "in control"? Not sure what guys get out of it.... :/ Originally Posted by BulldogCountry
No doubt it was a business number,,and that persons. It’s not easy or cheap to be able to spoof a phone number, if it came back as a number that belonged to a verifiable person/business that is publicly listed. It’s real. On the other hand a lot of phone numbers come back through random searches like data-number, phone reveler, callername, datacorelookup, and a host of others like phone-info—these usually can have the area tracked but are absolutely not reliably as they are assumptions by internet troll bots that are designed for other tracking purposes but still by default report random number searches. But the difference is easy to recognize.

I’ve had my own number call me before—lol, was late at night like 1am, no way I was answering that, like fuck that, I’m not picking that up, I was totally scared at what I might say to myself at 1am in the morning.
I really hope she’s okay. In the last meet I had with her, she did mention to me she had been stalked before. This, she’s kind of a private person.

I really don’t know her all that well, but I’m very concerned, too.
Blackbird; how do you know who Bulldog is talking about? "No", I dont think youre the caller.
sugarfreepop: Bulldog left a few clues in his original post.

An active member of the Panhandle forum will know exactly who is referring to (even if they haven’t seen her).

I don’t mean that statement to be condescending or insulting. It’s just matter of fact.
The provider I was talking about is okay. She finally contacted me yesterday. I actually went to see her in person yesterday and got the chance to hang-out and chat for a bit. She did tell me MORE to the story, which I won't repeat here just in case the "stalker" is watching this thread.

But this is why ladies are hesitant in seeing new people.

Blackbird; how do you know who Bulldog is talking about? "No", I dont think youre the caller. Originally Posted by sugarfreepop
sugarfreepop, I never said she got a "caller". I just said she was receiving texts from a guy.